News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 28 Aug 2018
- August 30, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1. Who among the following has recently been appointed the new Chairman of DRDO?
a. Aravind Subramanyam
b. Anandiben Patel
c. Arundhati Bhattacharya
d. G Satheesh Reddy
• The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has appointed Dr G Satheesh Reddy as Secretary, Department of Defence Research and Development & Chairman of Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO) for a period of two years.
• The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), formed in 1958, is an agency charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in New Delhi, India.
• It is under the administrative control of the Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
• The President has given Madhya Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel additional charge of Chhattisgarh.
2. Recently,Anandiben Patel takes additional charge as Chhattisgarh Governor. Which of the following article in the Constitution mandates that there shall be a Governor for each state?
a. Article 153
b. Article 156
c. Article 356
d. Article 352
• Article 153: It says that there shall be Governor for each state. 7th Constitutional Amendment Act, 1956 facilitated appointment of the same person as the Governor for two or more states.
• Article 156: It says that Governor is appointed by President and hold office during pleasure of President
• Article 356:State Emergency or President’s Rule
• Article 352: National emergency
3. Which of the following day is celebrated as ‘Sanskrit Divas’?
a. August 1
b. August 15
c. August 26
d. August 31
• The Sanskrit Divas is observed every year on Shravana Purnima (26th August 2018).
• Sanskrit Divas was first celebrated in 1969 and comprises various events which talk about the impact and importance of Sanskrit.
• Shravana Purnima is the full moon day in the month of Shravana according to the Hindu calendar.
4. The 3rd Indian Ocean Conference took place in which of the following cities?
• The two- day 3rd Indian Ocean Conference took place in Hanoi (capital of Vietnam).
• This conference will serve as a platform to the countries to come closer and exchange better views on the economic & strategic importance of the region and neighbourhood.
• The theme for the year is “Building Regional Architectures”.
• This year around 43 countries are participating while 28 ministers and officials are set to address the event.
• Earlier, the conference was held in Singapore (2016) and Sri Lanka (2017).
5. Which of the following statements relating to NETA App is correct?
a. It is an app that provides all the key information regarding electioneering, polling day and voter facilitation
b. It is a mobile application that allows voters to rate and review their political representatives.
c. It is a Public Grievance Redress System aiming at transparency and providing services for better management of Elections through mobile app.
d. None of the above.
• National Electoral Transformation (NETA) mobile application that allows voters to rate and review their political representatives. It is first of its kind platform in India that allows voters to rate and review the political representatives in their constituencies.
• The app is brainchild of 27-year-old entrepreneur Pratham Mittal.
• It uses combination of Artificial Intelligence (AI), one-time password (OTP) and Aadhaar numbers to ensure that voters who rate leaders are genuine.
• This app was piloted during February 2018 by-polls in Rajasthan’s Ajmer and Alwar constituencies. It was later used in Karnataka ahead of the assembly elections in May 2018.