News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 29 Aug 2018
- August 31, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1. What kind of an organization is the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights?
a. Constitutional body
b. Statutory body
c. Non-statutory body
d. Non-governmental organization
• The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) was set up in March 2007 under the Commissions for Protection of Child Rights (CPCR) Act, 2005, an Act of Parliament (December 2005).
• National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) is a statutory body under the Commissions for Protection of Child Rights (CPCR) Act, 2005 under the administrative control of the Ministry of Women & Child Development, Government of India.
2. Which of the following statements relating to Gaganyaan is correct?
a. It is the second phase of Chandrayaan, India’s moon expedition.
b. It is an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle under construction by the DRDO.
c. It is the proposed manned mission to the space by the ISRO.
d. It is the second edition of Mangalyaan, India’s mars expedition.
• India would launch its first human space mission, Gaganyaan.
• The entire mission would cost the exchequer less than Rs 10,000 crore.
• So far, only the US, Russia and China have successfully launched manned space missions.
• As it is planned currently, an Indian astronaut, who is yet to be chosen, would be stationed at an altitude of 400 km from earth for 5-7 days
3. Who has won India’s first-ever gold medal in the javelin throw at the Asian Games 2018?
a. P V Sindhu
b. Hima Das
c. Jinson Johnson
d. Neeraj Chopra
• Neeraj Chopra became the first Indian javelin-thrower to win an Asian Games gold medal as he shattered his own national record by clearing a distance of 88.06m in Jakarta.
• Chopra’s gold is only the second medal India has won in javelin throw in Asian Games history after Gurtej Singh won bronze in 1982 in New Delhi.
• Neeraj Chopra is born in the village of Khandra in Haryana’s Panipat district.
4. The NABH Nirman initiative, is related to which of the following areas?
a. Highways and road development
b. Rural Development
c. Civil Aviation
d. Housing for homeless people
• NABH (NextGen Airports for BHarat) Nirman initiative by the Ministry of Civil Aviation is an initiative for building airport capacity.
• It aims to increase the number of Airports and their capacity to handle traffic.
• The three key aspects of NABH Nirman are (1) fair and equitable land acquisition, (2) long-term master plan for airport and regional development and (3) balanced economies for all stakeholders.
5. Lakhwar Multi-Purpose Project is a hydroelectric cum irrigation project, proposed on which of the following rivers?
a. River Ganga
b. River Indus
c. River Sutlej
d. River Yamuna
• Joining hands to meet future water needs of their respective states, Centre and 6 states – Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh,Rajasthan and Delhi sign MoU for construction of Rs 4,000 crore Lakhwar Multi-Purpose project in Uttarakhand.
• Besides generating 300 MW of hydroelectricity, the project on Yamuna near Lohari village in Dehradun district of Uttarakhand will cater to drinking water needs of the national capital and five states.
• The project was conceived 42 years ago in 1976.