News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 03 Sept 2018
- September 5, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1. Who is the newly appointed Chairman of the Indian Banks Association?
a. Arundhati Bhattacharya
b. Chanda Kochhar
c. Sunil Mehta
d. Arvind Subramanian
• Punjab National Bank, Managing Director & CEO Sunil Mehta has been elected as the Chairman of Indian Banks Association (IBA) for the year 2018-19.
• Indian Banks’ Association (IBA), formed on 26 September 1946 as a representative body of management of banking in India operating in India.
• Indian Banks’ Association is managed by a managing committee, and the current managing committee consists of one chairman, 3 deputy chairmen, 1 honorary secretary and 26 members.
2. Who among the following is the first woman lawyer directly appointed for the Supreme Court Judgeship?
a. Justice Fathima Beevi
b. Justice R. Banumathi
c. Justice Indu Malhotra
d. Justice Indira Banerjee
• Indu Malhotra is a judge of the Supreme Court of India. Prior to her elevation as a Judge, she was a senior counsel practising in the same Court for the past 30 years.
• She was the second woman to be designated as Senior Advocate by the Supreme Court in 2007.
• She is the first woman judge to be elevated directly from the Bar.
3. Which of the following is the capital city of North Korea?
• Pyongyang is the capital and largest city of North Korea.
• Taipei officially known as Taipei City, is the capital of Taiwan (Republic of China).
• Seoul officially the Seoul Special Metropolitan City, is the capital and largest metropolis of South Korea.
4. Which of the following article deals with the appointment of Officers of the Supreme Court?
• Article 126 – Appointment of acting Chief Justice When the office of Chief Justice of India is vacant.
• Article 153 – Governors of States
• Article 146 – Officers and servants and the expenses of the Supreme Court.
• Article 356 – President’s Rule
5. The Brow Antlered Deer is an endemic species found only in which among the following states?
c. Himachal Pradesh
d. Arunachal Pradesh
• Sangai (brow-antlered deer) also called the Dancing Deer. It is the state animal of Manipur. Once it was found across the Manipur Valley in abundance, now only its remaining natural habitat is found in Keibul Lamjao National Park (KLNP).
• It is protected under Schedule-1 of Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972, it is listed as Endangered on IUCN Red List.
• KLNP is a floating biomass in Manipur’s Loktak Lake. It is the only floating national park in the world. It is known around the world for its unique composition which is made up of biomass vegetation (locally called phumdis) that floats on the surface of the lake.