News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 05 Sept 2018
- September 7, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1. Which of the following day is celebrated as International Teacher’s day?
a. September 5
b. October 5
c. September 30
d. October 2
• World Teachers’ Day, also known as International Teachers’ Day, is held annually on October 5. Established in 1994, it commemorates the signing of the 1966 “Teaching in Freedom”. “Empowering Teachers” is the theme of this year’s (2017) World Teachers’ Day, celebrated around the world since 1994 after the UNESCO/ILO Recommendation concerning the Status of Teachers
• In India,Guru Purnima is traditionally observed as a day to venerate teachers, the birthday of the second president Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan (5 September) is also celebrated as Teacher’s Day since 1962.
2. Mission Vidya is a learning improvement program focusing on under-performing students, launched by which of the following?
a. Government of India
b. Government of Kerala
c. Government of Gujarat
d. Government of Delhi
• Mission Vidya’, is a remedial teaching programme initiated by the Government of Gujarat to raise learning levels of students who scored low in 7th grade exam.
• Under this mission“remedial teaching” of three hours — two during school time and one after the school — will be imparted in government primary schools in 250 talukas of the state.
3. Coffee Board of India is under which of the following Union Ministry?
a. Ministry of Commerce and Industry
b. Ministry of Agriculture
c. Ministry of Food Processing Industry
d. Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
• Coffee Board of India is an autonomous body managed by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry of the Government of India to promote coffee production in India.
• It was established by an act of Parliament – Coffee Act VII of 1942.
• Its duties include the promotion of the sale and consumption of coffee in India and abroad, conducting coffee research, financial assistance to establish small coffee growers, safeguarding working conditions for labourers, and managing the surplus pool of unsold coffee.
• Head Office is in Bangalore.
4. KAZIND 2018 Exercise is conducted between which of the following countries?
a. Indonesia and Kyrgyzstan
b. India and Kazakhstan
c. Indonesia and Kazakhstan
d. India and Kyrgyzstan
• KAZIND 2018 will be conducted between the Indian and Kazakhstan Army in Otar region, Kazakhstan.
• The aim is to build and promote bilateral Army to Army relations and exchange skills and experiences between Kazakhstan Army and the Indian Army.
• This is the third joint military exercise between the two countries. The second edition of this exercise was held in India last year.
• Other military exercises between India and Kazakhstan are Prabal Dostyk and Exercise Khanjar.
5. ‘Typhoon Jebi’ is a tropical cyclone that is recently seen in news hitting which of the following countries?
• In Japan the worst storm in 25 years. ‘Typhoon Jebi’ is hitting the country. It is reportedly the strongest typhoon to make landfall in Japan since 1993, headed north across the main island of Honshu towards the Sea of Japan.
• Jebi has left a trail of destruction across the west of the country, hitting major cities like Kyoto and Osaka.
• Typhoon Jebi, known in the Philippines as Typhoon Maymay.
• Jebi – whose name means “swallow” in Korean.