News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 06 Sept 2018
- September 8, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1. The Hope Mars Mission is a space exploration probe mission to Mars to be launched by which of the following?
c. UAE Space Agency
• Hope Mars Mission is a space exploration probe mission to Mars set to be launched by the United Arab Emirates in 2020.
• It will become the first mission to Mars by any Arab or Muslim country upon its launch. The mission was announced in July 2014.
• This spacecraft orbiter is a planned non-crew mission to Mars by the United Arab Emirates to study the Martian atmosphere and climate. The mission is being carried out by a team composed solely of Emirati engineers.
• The probe has been named Hope probe or ‘Al-Amal’ and it is scheduled to reach Mars in 2021.
• The launch will coincide with the 50th anniversary of the United Arab Emirates’ formation.
2. Project Tiger, the tiger conservation programme of Government of India was launched in which year?
• Project Tiger is a tiger conservation programme launched in 1973.
• The project aims at ensuring a viable population of Bengal tigers in their natural habitats, protecting them from extinction, and preserving areas of biological importance.
• The project was launched in the Corbett National Park of Uttarakhand. (The oldest national park in India)
• Project Tiger is administered by the National Tiger Conservation Authority.
3. Recently, the Supreme Court on a historic verdict decriminalized homosexuality that has, until now, been dealt under which one of the following provisions?
a. CrPC 377
b. IPC 377
c. Article 377
d. Article 370
• Section 377of IPC is a section of the Indian Penal Code introduced in 1861 during the British rule of India. Modelled on the Buggery Act of 1533, it criminalises sexual activities “against the order of nature”.
• The Supreme Court partly struck down Section 377, the penal provision which criminalised homosexuality. The Court termed part of IPC’s Section 377, which criminalises consensual unnatural sex, irrational, indefensible and manifestly arbitrary.
• Other aspects of Section 377 dealing with unnatural sex with animals and children still remains in force.
• Article 370 of the Indian constitution is an article that gives autonomous status to the state of Jammu and Kashmir. The article is drafted in Part XXI of the Constitution.
4. Who among the following is the newly elected President of Pakistan?
a. Mamnoon Hussain
b. Imran Khan
c. Arif Alvi
d. Asif Ali Zardari
• Dr. Arif Alvi got elected to become the 13th President of Pakistan.
• Dr Arif Alvi is a close ally of Prime Minister Imran Khan and one of the founding members of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf party.
• The President of Pakistan is the head of state of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and the civilian Commander-in-Chief of the Pakistan Armed Forces, per the Constitution of Pakistan.
5. Which of the following state launched the ‘Nidaan’ software that is aimed at disease monitoring?
c. National Capital Territory of Delhi
• A new software, ‘Nidaan’, has been launched in Rajasthan for presumptive diagnosis and monitoring of seasonal and non-communicable diseases as well as the trends of ailments found in specific areas.
• It is expected to help in formulation of specific action plans for control of diseases.Nidaan will facilitate online entries of as many as 46 diseases and healthcare services available for their treatment in different institutions.