News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 10 Sept 2018
- September 12, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1. Which of the following article in the Constitution of India deals with the clemency powers of the Governor?
a. Article 72
b. Article 153
c. Article 155
d. Article 161
• Article 72 – Power of the President to grant pardons, etc, and to suspend, remit or commute sentences in certain cases.
• Article 153- There shall be a Governor for each state.
• Article 155 – The Governor of a State shall be appointed by the President by warrant under his hand and seal.
• Article 161 – Power of the Governor to grant pardons, suspend, remit or commute sentences.
2. The Aero India expo- 2019 will take place in which of the following cities?
a. New Delhi
• Aero India is a biennial air show and aviation exhibition held in Bengaluru, India at the Yelahanka Air Force Station.
• It is organised by the Defence Exhibition Organisation, Ministry of Defence.
• The first edition of the air show was held in 1996.
• Putting an end to the drama over the biennial air show—Aero India 2019—shifting out of Bengaluru, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) on Saturday announced that the show will be held between February 20 and 24 at the Yelahanka Air Force Station in Bengaluru.
3. Bathukamma festival is celebrated mainly in which of the following state?
b. Andhra Pradesh
• Bathukamma is a floral festival celebrated predominantly by the Hindu women of Telangana.
• Bathukamma is celebrated for nine days during Durga Navratri,usually in September–October of Gregorian calendar.
• In Telugu, ‘Bathukamma’ means ‘Mother Goddess come Alive’ and Goddess Maha Gauri Devi is worshipped in the form of Bathukamma – the patron goddess of womanhood.
4. Which among the following is the first bollywood film to get released in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia?
a. Satyameva Jayate
• Indian movie ‘Gold’ has become the first Bollywood film ever to release in Saudi Arabia.The film Gold is a fictional re-telling of India’s iconic win at the 1948 London Olympics.
• This film is only the second Indian movie after Rajnikanth’s social drama “Kala” to hit the theatres in the Gulf country.
• Saudi Arabia had held a private screening of international cultural phenomenon, “Black Panther” in May this year to herald the launch of movie theatres in the Kingdom and opening them to the public.
5. The ‘Corporate Equality Index’ is related to which of the following area?
a. Equality of distribution of jobs for all educated youth in the country.
b. Equality of women with that of men in workplace, especially in private sector.
c. Urban-rural inequality in the sharing of resources.
d. Inequality in policies and practices pertinent to LGBTQ employees.
• The Corporate Equality Index is a report published by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation as a tool to rate American businesses on their treatment of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees, consumers and investors.The index has been published annually since2002.
• The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) is the largest LGBT civil rights advocacy group and political lobbying organization in the United States. Recently, they have decided to honour American actress Anne Hathaway with National Equality Award for her humanitarian work that she has done for the society.
• Anne Hathaway was also appointed as UN Women`s Global Ambassador, where her work involves supporting women’s equality in the workplace.