News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 11 Sept 2018
- September 13, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1. Which of the following day is observed as the World Suicide Prevention Day?
a. September 1
b. September 10
c. September 20
d. September 30
• The World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD) is being observed on 10th September to raise awareness around the globe that suicide can be prevented.
• The WSPD is organized by the International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP). The World Health Organization (WHO) has been co-sponsor of the day.
• The theme of WSPD 2018 is “Working Together to Prevent Suicide”.
2. Government of India recently launched the India Post Payments Bank (IPPB). What is the maximum limit of cash deposits that the IPPB can accept?
a. ₹ 50,000
b. ₹ 1 lakh
c. ₹ 2 lakh
d. ₹ 5 lakh
• India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) is a Government of India owned payments bank operating under the Department of Posts, Ministry of Communication, which aims to utilize all of India’s 155,015 post offices as access points and 300,000 postal service workers to provide house to house banking services.
• Payments banks is a new model of banks conceptualised by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). These banks can accept a restricted deposit, which is currently limited to ₹1 lakh per customer and may be increased further. These banks cannot issue loans and credit cards. Both current account and savings accounts can be operated by such banks. Payments banks can issue services like ATM cards, debit cards, net-banking and mobile-banking.
3. Yudh Abhyas is the name of a joint military exercise between India and which of the following country?
a. Sri Lanka
c. United Kingdom
d. United States of America
• As part of the ongoing Indo-US defence cooperation, a joint military training Exercise Yudh Abhyas 2018 is scheduled to be conducted in the foothills of Himalayas at Chaubattia in Uttarakhand from 16 September to 29 September 2018.
• This will be the 14th edition of the joint military exercise hosted alternately by both countries.
• The joint exercise Yudh Abhyas 2018 will simulate a scenario where both nations will work together in counter insurgency and counter terrorism environment in mountainous terrain under United Nation charter.
4. Which among the following is the recently launched web portal that enables Corporates to create amnesties in railway stations?
a. Rail Yatri
b. Project Saksham
c. Rail Sahyog
• Rail Sahyog is a web portal that aims provide a platform for the Corporates & PSUs to contribute to creation of amenities at/near Railway Stations through their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) funds. It is launched by the Ministry of Railways.
• UTSONMOBILE (unreserved ticketing system on mobile) is an app of Salem Division of Indian Railways.
• Project Saksham- country’s largest time-bound up-skilling exercise for its employees to boost their efficiency.
• Rail Yatri- is a platform for Live Train Status and other Indian Railway Enquiry.
5. Which of the following statements is/are true about the Nomadic Elephant?
a. It is the nick name of one of the two species of the African elephant.
b. It is a joint military exercise between India and Mongolia.
c. It is the name of the world’s smallest elephant species.
d. It is the name of the newly commissioned class of Indian submarines.
• Exercise Nomadic Elephant is an annual, bilateral exercise since 2006 which is designed to strengthen the partnership between Indian Army and Mongolian Armed Forces.
• Nomadic Elephant-2018 commenced at Mongolian Armed Forces (MAF) Five Hills Training Area, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. The 12 days long joint exercise will be conducted from (10 Sep to 21 Sep 2018).
• Option a – African elephants consists of two extant species: the African bush elephant and the smaller African forest elephant.
• Option c – Borneo pygmy elephant, which is a sub-species of the Asian elephant, is the world’s smallest elephant
• Option d – The Kalvari class is a class of diesel-electric attack submarines based on the Scorpene class submarine being built for the Indian Navy.