News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 21 Sept 2018
- September 23, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1. Biospeleology is the field of study of which among the following?
c. Reptiles or Snakes
d. Cave organisms
• Biospeleology, also known as cave biology, is a branch of biology dedicated to the study of organisms that live in caves and are collectively referred to as troglofauna.
• Herpetology is the branch of zoology which deals with the study of reptiles and amphibians such as snakes, turtles, and iguanas.
• Palaeontology is the branch of science concerned with fossil animals and plants.
• Entomology is the scientific study of insects, a branch of zoology.
2. Who among the following is the first woman IAS officer in India?
a. Kiran Bedi
b. Anna Rajam Malhotra
c. Chonira Belliappa Muthamma
d. Leila Seth
• India’s first woman IAS officer after Independence Anna Malhotra recently passed away.
• Born in Aleppey, Kerala, She belonged to the 1951 batch of the IAS. Her first posting as a civil servant was in Madras State. She was awarded Padma Bhushan in 1989.
• Kiran Bedi – is the first woman to join the Indian Police Service (IPS).
• C. B. Muthamma – was the first woman to clear the Indian Civil Services examinations. She was also the first woman to join the Indian Foreign Service. She was the first Indian woman diplomat as well. Later, she became the first Indian woman Ambassador.
• Leila Seth – is the first woman to become Chief Justice of a state High Court.
3. In which year The Reserve Bank of India came into existence?
• The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is India’s central banking institution, which controls the monetary policy of the Indian rupee. It commenced its operations on 1 April 1935 in accordance with the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
• Headquarters of RBI is in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
• The bank is often referred to by the name Mint Street. RBI is also known as banker’s bank.
4. Who among the following is selected for Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2018?
a. Neeraj Chopra
b. Jinson Johnson
c. Virat Kohli
d. Hima Das
• Virat Kohli (Indian Cricket Captain) and Saikhom Mirabai Chanu (world champion Weightlifter) have been selected for this year’s prestigious Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2018.
• Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award is given for the spectacular performance in the field of sports by a sportsperson over a period of four years.
• The rest three names are among the sports persons who are selected for Arjuna Awards 2018.
5. Which among the following day is observed as the International Day of Peace?
a. September 1
b. September 7
c. September 14
d. September 21
• The International Day of Peace is observed around the world annually on 21st September.
• It is dedicated to world peace and specifically the absence of war & violence such as might be occasioned by a temporary ceasefire in a combat zone for humanitarian aid access.
• The theme for 2018 is “The Right to Peace – The Universal Declaration of Human Rights at 70”. The theme celebrates the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
• In 1981, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) had designated 21st September as the International Day of Peace.
• The same day, is also observed as The World Alzheimer’s Day (September 21) to raise awareness about Alzheimer’s and dementia. Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form of dementia, a group of disorders that impairs mental functioning.