News & Events
1. Which among the following is true about Paraguay?
a. The Tropic of Capricorn passes through the country
b. It is one among the three landlocked countries of South America
c. Paraguay has observer status in Mercosur.
d. Guarani, French and Spanish are the official languages of Paraguay
2. Consider the following statements on the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA)
1. It is headed by the Prime Minister of India
2. It has been set up under the Disaster Management Act 2005.
3. Lays down detailed policies and guidelines for the functioning of the National Institute of Disaster Management
Which of the above statements is / are true?
a. 1 only
b. 1 and 2 only
c. 1, 2 and 3
d. 1 and 3 only
3. Which among the following is true about the Pacific Alliance?
1. It has currently five members – Chile, Peru, Colombia, Venezuela and Mexico
2. It was established in 2011
a. 1 only
b. 2 only
c. 1 and 2 only
d. Neither 1 nor 2
ANSWERS WITH EXPLANATION
Praraguay is one among the two landlocked countries of South America, the other being Bolivia.
Paraguay is the full time member of Mercosur.
Guarani and Spanish alone are the official languages of Paraguay.
The NDMA does not provide detailed policies and guidelines but rather broad policies and guidelines for the functioning of the National Institute of Disaster Management.
Pacific Alliance was established on April 28, 2011. It has 4 members- Chile, Peru, Colombia and Mexico.