News & Events
1. Which among the following correctly defines a bight?
a. A long, gradual bend or recess in the shoreline that forms a large, open bay
b. Small type of bay with narrow, restricted entrances often circular
c. A portion of a stream that is affected by ebb and flow of ocean tides
d. A landform formed from deposition of sediments made by a river at the mouth of sea
2. Which among the following is / are true about Cameroon?
1. It was formed by the unification of two former colonies – one British and one French
2. Cameroon shares its boundary with Lake Chad
a. 1 only
b. 2 only
c. Both 1 and 2
d. Neither 1 nor 2
3. Consider the following statements on the Competition Commission of India (CCI)
1. It was established by the central Government with effect from 2009.
2. It aims to eliminate practices having adverse effect on competition
3. It is required to impart training on competition issues.
Which of the above statements is / are true?
a. 1 only
b. 1 and 2 only
c. 2 and 3 only
d. 1, 2 and 3 only
ANSWERS AND EXPLANATION
Cove is a narrow bay with a restricted entrance and is often situated within a larger bay.
Tidal creek is the one affected by the ebb and flow
Delta is the depositional landform formed at the mouth of sea by a river.
Cameroon a Central African Country, was created in 1961.
Lake Chad is surrounded by Chad, Cameroon, Niger and Nigeria
CCI was established with effect from 2003. But it became functional only in 2009. The Competition Act was formulated in 2002.