News & Events
GENERAL AWARENESS SET – 89
1. When is the World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought celebrated?
a) June 17
b) June 18
c) July 17
d) July 18
2. Narmada River doesn’t flow through one among the following states. Which among the following is that state?
a) Madhya Pradesh
3. With which among the following is P.N Bhagavathi is related to?
4. Which among the following is correct about Public interest Litigation ?
a) Case can be filed based on the application by the affected party only.
b) Only individuals can file PIL.
c) A PIL may be introduced in a court of law by the court itself (suo motu).
d) It is a form of criminal litigation.
5. Taoiseach refers to?
a) Prime Minister of Ireland.
b) President of Ireland.
c) Parliament of Ireland.
d) Constitution of Ireland.
6. Army’s Super-40 relates to ?
a) Hostage rescue missions undertaken by the Army.
b) Natural Disasters Rescue mission undertaken by the Army.
c) Free medical camp oragnised by the Army for the J & K People.
d) Coaching initiative training local children to take Engineering Entrance Examination.
7. ‘SATH’‘Sustainable Action for Transforming Human capital’ is a new intiative of ?
a) Prime minister’s programme
b) Ministry of Home Affairs.
c) Niti Ayog.
d) Ministry of Human Resource development.
8. ‘DigiYatra’ is a new intiative of ?
a) The Ministry of Civil Aviation
b) Ministry of Railways.
c) Ministry of Highways.
d) Ministry of Urban Development.
9. Amarnath shrine is Situated in ?
a) Himachal Pradesh
b) Jammu and Kashmir
10. Which among the following is wrong about GSLV Mk III?
a) is designed to carry 4 ton class of satellites into Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit (GTO) or about 10 tons to Low Earth Orbit (LEO)
b) The first developmental flight of GSLV Mk III, the GSLV-Mk III-D1 successfully placed GSAT-19 satellite to a Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit (GTO).
c) The vehicle has two solid strap-ons, a core liquid booster and a cryogenic upper stage.