News & Events
GENERAL AWARENESS 123
1. The National Policy for Drug Demand Reduction is formulated by
a) Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
b) Ministry of Home Affairs
c) Ministry of Women and Child Development
d) Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
2. Which organisation prepared the 1st ever World Report on Disability?
a) Centre for Independent Living
b) Association of People with Disability
c) Disability Rights Commission
d) American Association on Intellectual & Development Disabilities
3. In which city will India’s 1st conservation reserve for blackbuck will come up?
4. Which individual has bagged the most number of Oscar awards (22) & the maximum nominations for a person (59) ?
a) Edith Head
b) Dennis Muren
c) Walt Disney
d) Alen Menken
5. On which day the 2017 World Tsunami Awareness Day (WTAD) was observed ?
a) November 3
b) November 4
c) November 5
d) November 6
6. Who has been chosen for the 53rd Jnanpith Award 2017?
a) Krishna Sobti
b) Girishwar Misra
c) Leeladhar Mandloi
d) Ramakant Rath
7. Which Indian city has won the Best City Bus Services Award of Government of India?
8. Which Indian organization has developed sub-sonic cruise missile ‘Nirbhay’, which is successfully test fired recently?
9. Which actor played the part of Jinnah in the biographical film Mohammed Ali Jinnah, & also received a National Award (special jury) for his performance in Muhafiz(1994) ?
a) Rajesh Khanna
b) Dilip Kumar
c) Amitabh Bachchan
d) Shashi Kapoor
10. Which country initiated and leads the ‘Lancang-Mekong Cooperation Mechanism’ ?
b) Asian Development Bank
d) South Korea