News & Events
GENERAL AWARENESS 126
1. Which of the following states is not a member of the eight Empowered Action Group (EAG) States?
b) Uttar Pradesh
d) West Bengal
2. Where is WTO’s 11th biennial Ministerial Conference taking place?
3. The 86th Constitutional Amendment Act, 2002 amended which of the following parts of the Constitution?
a) Fundamental Rights
b) Directive Principles of State Policy
c) Fundamental Duties
d) All the above
4. ‘Ajeya Warrior 2017’ is the combined military exercise that started on December 1, 2017 in Rajasthan between India and which other country?
c) United Kingdom
5. The 18th Hornbill Festival 2017, also known as the festival of festivals, has started on December 1, 2017. In which North East state is it conducted?
6. Who is the author of the book ‘The Ministry of Utmost Happiness’ ?
a) Aravind Adiga
b) Arundati Roy
c) Meera Nair
d) Amitav Ghosh
7. Which country will host the Ministerial meeting of UN Security Council (UNSC) on North Korea’s nuclear efforts?
b) South Korea
8. Who has been sworn in as the new President of the Republic of Kenya?
a) William Ruto
b) Raila Odinga
c) Abduba Dida
d) Uhuru Kenyatta
9. The National Nutrition Mission, approved this year by the Government of India, is under which ministry?
a) Ministry of AYUSH
b) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
c) Ministry of Women and Child Development
d) Ministry of Human Resource Development
10. Who is the leader of the first all women crew on INSV Tarini for circumnavigation of the globe, which has completed the second leg of its maiden journey?
a) Lt. Commander Vartika Joshi
b) Lt. Commander Pratibha Jamwal
c) Lt. Commander P. Swathi
d) Lt. Commander S. Vijaya Devi