News & Events
GENERAL AWARENESS 127
1. Which body is responsible for making recommendations to CCEA for fixing minimum support price (MSP) of crops?
a) Commission for Agricultural Costs and Products
b) Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices
c) Agricultural Costs and Prices Committee
d) Committee for Agricultural Costs and Prices
2. Which country’s cricket team has clinched the 2017 ACC Under-19 Asia Cup tournament?
3. Jana Novotna, the former Wimbledon tennis champion passed away. Which country does she hail from?
a) Czech Republic
4. According to the report by the Lancet Commission on pollution and health, which country has reported highest premature deaths linked to pollution worldwide during 2015?
b) South Africa
5. Which High Court has recently banned the use of photographs or pictures of living persons on banners, flex boards and sign boards across the state?
a) Allahabad High Court
b) Punjab and Haryana High Court
c) Rajasthan High Court
d) Madras High Court
6. Which Indian city has been included in the UNESCO Creative Cities Network for its rich musical tradition recently, becoming the third Indian city to be included in the list?
7. Who among the following has been named as the richest person of Asia?
a) Azim Premji
b) Lakshmi Mittal
c) Dilip Shanghavi
d) Mukesh Ambani
8. Recently which rebellion was in news to be called as the ‘First War of Independence’ in the history book of students from the next academic session?
a) Munda Rebellion
b) Paika Rebellion
c) Santhal Rebellion
d) None of these
9. Which state government has announced a lifetime monthly pension of Rs 10,000 for ‘Hindi Satyagrahis’ and those from the state who was jailed during Emergency?
a) Madhya Pradesh
10. Who has been appointed the new Chairman of Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)?
a) S. Ramadorai
b) Prem Kumar
c) Sudhakar Rao
d) Sethurathnam Ravi