News & Events
GENERAL AWARENESS 131
1. Which tree is no longer considered as a tree in non-forest areas as per an ordinance passed by the President in November, 2017 amending the Indian Forest Act (IFA) 1972?
2. According to a recent study, India has the largest emission of which polluting gas in the world?
a) Sulphur Dioxide
b) Carbon Monoxide
c) Carbon Dioxide
d) Nitrous Oxide
3. What is the name of the Islamic alliance formed under Saudi Arabia to fight terrorism that had recently held its first meeting at Riyadh?
a) Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC)
b) Islamic Alliance against Terrorism (IAT)
c) Islamic Alliance against Terrorism Organisation (IATO)
d) Islamic Military Alliance to Fight Terrorism (IMAFT)
4. To which international financial institution did the union cabinet approved for the Department of Economic Affairs to initiate steps to acquire membership for India as an investor-member?
a) European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
b) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
c) World Bank (WB)
d) Shanghai Cooperation
5. Which is the investor facilitation portal started during the World Food India Expo 2017?
a) Udan Bharat
c) Nivesh Bandhu
6. Which country is Jenny Kim, Miss Supranational 2017 title-holder, hailing from?
b) South Korea
7. Which Indian athlete won Bronze medal at 2017 Indoor Archery World Cup Stage 2 tournament?
a) Deepika Kumari
b) Laishram B. Devi
c) Ankita Bakat
d) Nivetha Ganeshan
8. India’s first Madam Tussaud’s Wax Museum has officially opened for public in which city?
d) New Delhi
9. Which state assembly has passed the Kapu Reservation Bill for 5% quota to the community?
c) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
10. Where was the 23rd meeting of the Conference of Parties (CoP-23) of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) conducted?
a) Berlin, Russia
b) Bonn, Germany
c) Buenos Aires, Argentina
d) Brasilia, Brazil