News & Events
GENERAL AWARENESS QUIZ – 136
1. Which is the second country, after France, to successfully build a photovoltaic highway?
2. Who has won the 2017 World Rapid Chess Championship in Riyadh?
a) Garry Kasparov
b) Fabiano Caruana
c) Magnus Carlsen
d) Viswanathan Anand
3. Which among the following golf players won the Royal Cup at Pattaya?
a) Shiv Kapoor
b) Arjun Atawal
c) Jordan Speith
d) Jeev Milkha Singh
4. Which country has announced a 40 percent increase to the minimum wages?
d) New Zealand
5. Who is appointed as the new Prime Minister of Mali?
a) Modibo Sidibe
b) Dramene Dembele
c) Ibrahim Boubacar Keita
d) Soumeylou Boubeye Maiga
6. What was the theme for the International Day for Biodiversity 2017 ?
a) Biodiversity for Human Development
b) Biodiversity for the Globe
c) Biodiversity and Sustainable Tourism
d) Biodiversity and Sustainable Development
7. How many satellites including the Cartosat-2, will the ISRO be launching in a single mission
on Jan 10th, 2018?
8. ‘Love in the Time of Cholera’ was written by?
a) Khushwant Singh
b) Khalil Gibran
c) Gabriel Garcia Marquez
d) Rudyard Kipling
9. Which Indian origin scientist has been honoured with Damehood (female equivalent of
Knighthood) by Queen Elizabeth ?
a) Pratibha Gai
b) Puneet Murthy
c) Ratnakumar Bugga
d) Jogesh Pati
10. Which state government has recently launched a scheme (Bhavantar Bharpayee Yojana)
for vegetable growers?
d) Himachal Pradesh