News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 25 Oct 2018
- October 27, 2018
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) “Unnayan Banka”, which won the Commonwealth Association for Public Administration and Management (CAPAM) awards was an initiative of which of the following states?
b) Uttar Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
• The CAPAM Awards celebrate the spirit of innovation in the public service by recognizing organizations that have made significant contributions to improve governance and services in the public sector.
• The initiative entitled “Unnayan Banka- Reinventing Education Using Technology of Banka District, State of Bihar has been awarded under the Category “Innovation Incubation”.
o “Unnayan Banka” is an initiative which envisages “Quality education for all’ especially for those at the bottom of the Pyramid, using latest technologies.
o It’s a holistic model of overall development of youths from Education to Employability.
• Another initiative entitled “Unified Agriculture Markets” of Co-operation Department of Government of Karnataka has also been selected under the Category ‘Innovation in Public Service Management’.
• This initiative has also been awarded the overall Gold Award for CAPAM Awards, 2018.
2) India has signed a deal for Barak-8 Long Range Surface to Air Missile with which among the following countries?
• India and Israel has signed a $777 mn deal
• Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) to supply additional Barak-8 Long Range Surface to Air Missile (LRSAM) systems for seven warships of the Indian Navy.
• The LRSAM can intercept aerial targets up to a range of 80 km. It is being co-developed by the DRDO in India and IAI, and will be manufactured by Bharat Dynamics Limited.
3) The Global Agriculture Leadership Summit 2018 was organised in
d) New Delhi
• The Global Agriculture Leadership Summit 2018 opened in New Delhi.
• The theme of the 2-day summit is, ‘Connecting Farmers to Market’.
• The summit was inaugurated by the Secretary Agriculture and Co-operation, Sanjay Agrawal. In the meeting, several issues to double farmers’ income by 2022 were discussed.
4) Tagore Award for Cultural Harmony for the year 2016 was conferred on
a) Rajkumar Singhajit Singh
c) Sh. Ram Vanji Sutar
d) None of the Above
• The Tagore Award for Cultural Harmony for the years 2014, 2015 & 2016 is being conferred on the doyen of Manipuri dance Sh. Rajkumar Singhajit Singh (For 2014); Chhayanaut (a cultural organization of Bangladesh, for 2015) and on one of India’s greatest sculptors, Sh. Ram Vanji Sutar (for 2016).
• The award jury was headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and included Chief Justice of India Justice.
• The award was instituted by the government during the commemoration of the 150th birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore in 2011.
• It was conferred first on sitar maestro Pandit Ravi Shankar.
• It carries an award prize of Rs 1 crore, a citation in a scroll and a plaque.
5) STAPCORE 2018, with the theme ‘Reef for Life’ was organised in which of the states/UTs?
a) Tamil Nadu
c) Andaman and Nicobar
• In support of the International Year of the Reef the Administration, Union Territory of Lakshadweep is organizing an International Conference on Status and Protection of Coral Reefs-2018 in collaboration with the Zoological Survey of India.
• The theme of which will be ‘Reef for Life’.
• This is the 3rd STAPCOR event following those in 1998, and 2008 in celebration and support of the International Year of the Reef.
• STAPCOR will promote partnerships between governments, academia, civil society and the private sector to encourage the sharing of information and best practices for the future of sustainable coral reef management.