News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 27 Oct 2018
- October 29, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Which of the following was designated as the first “Ramsar Site” of India?
a) Renuka lake
b) Bhoj Wetland
d) Chilika Lake
• Chilika lake t is the largest coastal lagoon in India and the second largest lagoon in the world after The New Caledonian barrier reef in New Caledonia.
• It is the largest wintering ground for migratory waterfowl found anywhere on the Indian sub-continent.
• It is one of was designated as the first “Ramsar Site” of India. The hotspot of biodiversity in the country, and some rare, vulnerable and endangered species listed in the IUCN Red List of threatened Animals inhabit in the lagoon for at least part of their life cycle.
• The Nalaban Island within the lagoon is notified as a Bird Sanctuary under Wildlife (Protection) Act, the National Wetlands, mangroves and coral reefs Committee of Ministry of Environment & Forests, Government of India, have also identified the lagoon as a priority site for conservation and management.
• Chilika Lagoon lies in the districts of Puri, Khurda and Ganjam of Odisha State along the eastern coast of India.
2) KRISHI KUMBH 2018, a high profile conglomeration of farmers, scientists, industrialists, research institutions and policy makers, was organised in which city?
a) New Delhi
• KRISHI KUMBH 2018 (Lucknow) is a high profile conglomeration of farmers, scientists, industrialists, research institutions and policy makers to generate awareness among farmers, to define latest technologies and to showcase the business opportunities in Agro processing for business houses.
• It will provide an opportunity to the stakeholders to understand the requirements of each other for investment benefits.
o A platform to look for new growth opportunities.
o Create awareness among farmers about the latest agricultural technological developments in agriculture, horticulture, animal husbandry, dairying & fisheries, agriculture engineering and post-harvest management.
o Offer an unusual peek into UP’s agriculture industry as well as opportunities to invest in India’s biggest state contributing in agriculture.
o Meeting point for the Policy Makers, Government, Media, Industries & Other stakeholders to share knowledge, discuss problems and presenting solutions for the geometric progression growth of the agriculture in India.
o Realize the needs and challenges of the agriculture industry and joining hands together to find revolutionary solutions for these problems.
3) “Currency manipulator tag” is determined by which of the following organisations?
a) World Bank
c) US Department of Treasury
d) Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
• The US Department of the Treasury publishes a semi-annual report in which the developments in global economic and exchange rate policies are reviewed.
• If a US trade partner meets three assessment criteria, the US labels it a currency manipulator.
• The Treasury’s goal is to focus attention on those nations whose bilateral trade is most significant to the US economy and whose policies are the most material for the global economy.
o The US Treasury, in its report, said no major trading partner met the criteria to be designated as manipulating its currency.
o It has kept India, China, Japan, South Korea, Germany and Switzerland on the monitoring list.
4) Price Support Scheme (PSS), Price Deficiency Payment Scheme (PDPS) and Pilot of Private Procurement & Stockist Scheme (PPPS) come under which of the following umbrella schemes?
a) PM Krishi Vikas Yojana
b) Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay Sanrakshan Abhiyan
c) Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana
d) Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana
• Giving a major boost to the pro-farmer initiatives of the Government and in keeping with its commitment and dedication for the Annadata, the Union Cabinet approved, in September 2018, a new Umbrella Scheme “Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay SanraksHan Abhiyan’ (PM-AASHA). The Scheme is aimed at ensuring remunerative prices to the farmers for their produce as announced in the Union Budget for 2018.
• The umbrella scheme ‘PM-AASHA’ comprises three sub-schemes:
o Price Support Scheme (PSS).
o Price Deficiency Payment Scheme (PDPS).
o Pilot of Private Procurement & Stockist Scheme (PPPS).
5) What is the name of India’s first engine-less train for inter-city travel?
a) Train 18
b) Train 01
c) Train 100
d) Train 07
• Train 18 is a flagship train set; the first prototype has been built by the Integral Coach Factory, Chennai, in a record time of 20 months.
• The train is a 100% ‘Make in India’ project and is claimed to be built at half the cost of a similar train set that is imported.
• T-18 is a self-propelled engine-less train (similar to the Metro trains) and is energy-efficient as its coaches will be fitted with LED lights. Coaches will have automatic doors and retractable footsteps,
• It will be inter-connected with fully sealed gangways along with a GPS-based Passenger Information System. It is provided with of bio-toilets.
• The full AC train is equipped to run at a speed of up to 160 kmph as against Shatabdi’s 130 kmph which will cut down travel time by 15%.