News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 12 Nov 2018
- November 14, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Samudra Shakti is a bilateral naval exercise between India and which among the following countries?
d) Sri Lanka
• Samudra Shakti is a bilateral naval exercise between Indian navy and Indonesian navy.
• The aim of the exercise is to strengthen bilateral relations, expand maritime co-operation, enhance interoperability and exchange best practices.
• The visit of the ship seeks to promote India’s solidarity with Indonesia towards ensuring good order in the maritime domain and to strengthen existing bonds between the navies of the two nations.
2) The Mission Organic Value Chain Development for North East Region was recently launched by
a) Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
b) Ministry of Development of North-Eastern Region
c) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
d) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
• Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Shri Radha Mohan Singh felicitates architect of Green Revolution, Professor M. S. Swaminathan.
• Mission Organic Value Chain Development for North East Region (MOVCD-NER) is a Central Sector Scheme, a sub-mission under National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA), launched by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare for implementation in the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura, during the 12th plan period.
• The scheme aims to development of certified organic production in a value chain mode to link growers with consumers and to support the development of entire value chain.
o To develop crop commodity specific organic value chain and address gaps in organic crop production, wild crop harvesting, organic livestock management and processing handling and marketing of organic agricultural products.
o To empower producers with program ownership by organizing them into FIGs with the final aim to federate into farmer producer organizations/ companies.
o To replace conventional farming/subsistence farming system into local resource based, self-sustainable, high value commercial organic enterprise.
o Developing commodity specific commercial organic value chain under integrated and concentrated approach with end-to-end facilities for production, processing, storage and marketing.
o Development of organic parks/zones with facilities for collection, aggregation, value addition, processing, storage and market-linkages for specific commodities requiring capital intensive technology.
o Develop NER products as brands/labels through brand building and facilitating stronger marketing access under the ownership of growers‟ organizations/ companies.
o Creating state specific lead agency (Organic Commodity Board or Organic Mission) for coordinating, monitoring, supporting and financing the development and operationalisation of entire value chain.
3) #InnovateToINSPIRE challenge was organized by which of the following organisations as a challenge to submit sustainable and scalable solutions for power?
a) Bureau of Energy Efficiency
b) Central Electrical Authority
c) Power Grid Corporation of India
d) Energy Efficiency Services Limited
• Power Minister inaugurates INSPIRE 2018; gives away awards to the winners of the #InnovateToINSPIRE challenge.
• Ministry of Power has recently inaugurated the International Symposium to Promote Innovation & Research in Energy Efficiency.
• This is the second edition of INSPIRE and is being organised by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) and World Bank.
• The three-day symposium will focus on enhancing grid management, e-Mobility, financial instruments and technologies for energy efficiency in India.
• The #InnovateToINSPIRE challenge was also organized by EESL and World resources Institute (WRI.
• The challenge invited participants to submit sustainable and scalable solutions to seven specific challenges spanning grid management, e-Mobility, energy efficient technologies and financial instruments.
o To support investments in new, innovative and scalable business models, EESL and Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed an agreement for a Global Environment Facility (GEF) to establish an Energy Efficiency Revolving Fund (EERF).
4) Sipahijola Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which of the following states?
• Sepahijala Wildlife Sanctuary is a wildlife sanctuary in Tripura, India of some 18.53 square kilometres (7.15 sq mi), about 25 kilometres (16 mi) from the city centre, located in Bishalgarh.
• It is a woodland with an artificial lake and natural botanical and zoological gardens. It is famous for its clouded leopard enclosures.
• The sanctuary contains a variety of birds, primates, and other animals. The terrain is green throughout the year and the weather is temperate except for the two humid summer months of March and April.
• It gives shelter to about 150 species of birds and the unique bespectacled monkey, Phayre’s langur.
• The primate section consists of four species (rhesus macaque, pig-tailed macaque, capped langur and spectacled langur).
• The crab-eating mongoose (last sighted in the 1930s) has been resuscitated.
• The sanctuary has been developed both as a wildlife sanctuary and as an academic and research centre.
• About 150 species of birds live in the sanctuary, and migratory birds visit in winter. Initiated in 1972 the sanctuary has five sections: carnivores, primates, ungulates, reptiles and aviary. There are several lakes, among which Amrit Sagar named lake have boating facility.
5) ‘Yoga and Mindfulness’ is a book authored by
a) Mansi Gulati
b) Sri Sri Ravishankar
c) Jaggi Vasudev
• Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu released the book ‘Yoga and Mindfulness’ authored by Yoga exponent, Ms. Mansi Gulati, at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Conference Hall, Vice President’s House, in New Delhi.
• This book stresses that, yoga is not just asanas, but anything you do with mindfulness and dedication is yoga.
• This book helps in making yoga a part of your daily day life. It explains the link between physical exercises and mindfulness.
• It helps in understanding the philosophy behind yoga and also explains how various asanas are performed, with the help of pictures. It also lists the benefits of every asana.