News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 14 Nov 2018
- November 16, 2018
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) The 10th anniversary celebrations of the Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS) was held in
• The 10th anniversary celebrations of the Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS) is being held in Kochi.
• The commemorative Special Cover of IONS 10th Anniversary celebrations depicts a map of the Indian Ocean and littoral countries of the IOR, signifying the geopolitical importance of the region.
• IONS, the 21st century’s first significant international maritime security initiative launched in February 2008, provides a forum for discussion of regional maritime issues and promotes friendly relationships among member nations.
• It presently has 24 members and eight observer navies.
• It is a voluntary initiative that seeks to increase maritime co-operation among navies of the littoral states of the Indian Ocean Region by providing an open and inclusive forum for discussion of regionally relevant maritime issues and, in the process, endeavors to generate a flow of information between naval professionals that would lead to common understanding and possibly agreements on the way ahead.
• Under the charter of business adopted in 2014, the grouping has working groups on Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR), Information Security and Interoperability (IS&I) and anti-piracy now renamed as maritime security.
2) Dharma Guardian is a joint military exercise between India and
• To promote Military cooperation, India and Japan hold the first ever joint military exercise ‘DHARMA GUARDIAN-2018’ involving the Indian Army and Japan Ground Self Defence Force at Counter Insurgency Warfare School.
• The Indian contingent was represented by 6/1 GORKHA RIFLES while the Japanese contingent represented by 32 Infantry Regiment of the Japanese Ground Self Defence Force.
• During the 14 day long exercise, due emphasis will be laid on increasing interoperability between forces from both countries.
• Both sides will jointly train, plan and execute a series of well-developed tactical drills for neutralisation of likely threats that may be encountered in urban warfare scenario.
• Experts from both sides hold detailed discussions to share their expertise on varied operational aspects.
o Exercise ‘DHARMA GUARDIAN-2018’ will be yet another step in deepening strategic ties including closer defence cooperation between the two countries.
o It will contribute immensely in developing mutual understanding and respect for each other’s militaries and also facilitate tracking the worldwide phenomenon of terrorism.
3) The 38th edition of India International Trade Fair is organised in which of the following Indian cities?
a) New Delhi
• The 38th edition of India International Trade Fair (IITF) 2018 was inaugurated in New Delhi
• The 2018 edition of IITF assumes special significance as it marks the beginning of the150th birth anniversary celebrations of Mahatma Gandhi.
• All States, government organizations and other stake holders are making all efforts to realize the vision of the Central government ‘Sab ka Saath, Sab kaVikas’.
• The Fair has registered foreign participation from Afghanistan, China, Hong Kong, Kyrgyzstan, Iran, Myanmar, Nepal, Netherlands, South Africa, South Korea, Thailand, Turkey, Tunisia, Vietnam and UAE.
4) Youth Champions Award has been instituted by which of the following organisations along with UNICEF?
a) Ministry of Youth Affairs ans Sports
b) NITI Aayog
c) Ministry of HRD
d) Nehru Yuva Kendra
• NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and UNICEF India, have come together this Children’s Day, to provide an open platform to young children of India, to contribute towards sustainable development.
• The awards were presented to the top six most innovative solutions from across the country, which were shortlisted through the Atal Tinkering Marathon.
• The objective was to encourage students to observe community problems and develop innovative solutions.
5) Which of the following is a coastal security exercise organised by the Indian Navy in India?
a) Sea Vigil
b) Sagar Kavach
• The Indian Navy is gearing up to hold Sea Vigil, a massive coastal security exercise.
• It is for the first time the entire coastal mainland and the island territories, in January next year.
• Indian navy has spoken with States and all coastal security stakeholders to mobilise all the resources for this massive exercise which will test the security mechanism down to the wire so as to validate the existing apparatus and procedures.