News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 03 Dec 2018
- December 5, 2018
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Cope India Air Exercise is a joint military exercise between India and which of the following countries?
c) South Korea
Cope India air exercise:
• Cope India are a series of international Air Force exercises between the Indian Air Force and the United States Air Force conducted on and over Indian soil.
• The exercise included flight tests, practice and demonstrations as well as lectures on subjects related to aviation.
• The ‘Ex Cope India’- 18 will be fourth edition in the series of bilateral drills between the Indian Air Force and the U.S Air Force.
• This is the first time, the exercise being held at two Air Force bases.
• The main aim of the exercise is to provide operational exposure and undertake mutual exchange of best practices towards enhancing operational capability.
2) SHINYUU Maitri-18 is a bilateral air exercise between India and which among the following countries?
• The Japanese Air Self Defence Force (JASDF) is in India for a bilateral air exercise SHINYUU Maitri-18 with Indian Air Force.
• The theme of the exercise is joint Mobility/Humanitarian Assistance & Disaster Relief (HADR) on Transport aircraft.
• The JASDF C2 aircraft along with aircrew/observers are part of this first air exercise between the two Air Forces.
• The focus of the exercise is set for the IAF and JASDF crews to undertake Joint Mobility/ HADR operations.
3) Flamingo Festival, an annual event, is conducted in which of the following locations?
a) Chilika lake
b) Mansarovar Lake
c) Pulikat Lake
d) Sariska Lake
• Flamingo Festival is held at Pulicat lake and Nelapattu Bird Sanctuary in Sullurpet mandal.
• Pulikat Lake is the second largest brackish water lagoon in India after Chilka lake.
• The Lagoon is one of the three important wetlands to attract North east Monsoon rain clouds.
• The lake encompasses the Pulicat lake Bird Sanctuary.
• Barrier island of Sriharikota separates the lake from the Bay of Bengal.
• Major part of lake comes under Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh.
4) Which one of the following recently became the first country in the world to double its tiger population in a decade as a part of WWF’s Tx2 programme?
• An ambitious and visionary species conservation goal was set up by the governments of the 13 tiger range countries: to double the number of wild tigers by 2022: the next Chinese year of the tiger.
• Tiger range countries:
o Wild tigers are found in variety of habitats across Asia.
o There are currently 13 tiger range countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Lao, PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Russia, Thailand and Vietnam.
• Nepal become first country in the world to double its tiger population in a decade as part of World Wildlife Foundation’s (WWF) ‘Tx2’ programme which aims to double number of tigers in the world all over the world by 2022
• Tx2 programme was launched by World Wildlife Foundation (WWF) at the 2010 St Petersburg Tiger Summit held in Russia
5) The Very Large Telescope Interferometer (VLTI) is located in which of the following countries?
• GRAVITY is a second generation instrument on the Very Large Telescope Interferometer (VLTI) located at the Atacama desert in Chile and represents a huge step forward for both interferometry and for the Very Large Telescope (VLT).
• GRAVITY is almost an all-in-one device: is a four-beam combiner, near-infrared, adaptive-optics-assisted, fringe-tracking, astrometric and imaging instrument.
• The second important feature of GRAVITY is its astrometric capacity, which is its ability to measure distances in the sky to very high accuracy.
• Measuring distances so precisely means it is possible to detect the movements of objects that are very far away in just one night.
• GRAVITY is able to observe the immediate surroundings of SgrA*, the supermassive black hole at the centre of our galaxy.