News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 07 Dec 2018
- December 9, 2018
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1. Hand-in-Hand is an annual military exercise between India and which of the following countries?
a) Saudi Arabia
b) United Kingdom
• Exercise Hand-in-Hand is conducted annually as part of military diplomacy and interaction between armies of India and China.
• The aim of the exercise is to build and promote close relations between armies of both the countries and to enhance the ability of joint exercise commander to take military contingents of both nations under command.
• The exercise will involve tactical level operations in an International Counter Insurgency/ Counter Terrorist environment under UN mandate.
• Exercise Hand-in-Hand 2018 will go a long way to further cement relationship between both the nations.
• It will act as a catalyst in bringing bonhomie at grassroots levels between the armies of both countries.
2. Shahpurkandi Dam is a project being built on which of the following Himalayan rivers?
• The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister has approved implementation of Shahpurkandi Dam Project, Punjab on river Ravi.
• Implementation of this project would help to minimise some of the water of the River Ravi which at present is going waste through the MadhopurHeadworks downstream to Pakistan.
• Reduces wastage of water:
• Some of the water of the River Ravi at present is going waste through the MadhopurHeadworks downstream to Pakistan.
• Whereas there is the requirement for the same for use in Punjab and J&K.
• Implementation of the project would minimise such wastage of water.
• Irrigation potential:
• On completion of the project, an additional Irrigation Potential of 5000 ha in Punjab State and 32173 ha in J&K State would be created.
• Hydropower generation:
• On completion of the project, Punjab would also be able to generate 206 MW of hydropower.
• Irrigation in 5000 ha of land in Punjab and 32172 ha in J&K would be provided.
• The implementation of the scheme would generate 6.2 lakh man-days employment for unskilled workers, 6.2 lakh man-days employment for semi-skilled and 1.67 lakh man-days employment for skilled workers.
3. Gaganyaan Mission, India’s Human Space Flight Programme is a collaboration with which among the following countries?
• The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister has been apprised of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Russia on Joint Activities under Human Spaceflight Programme.
• Major impact:
• The signing of the MoU will strengthen the cooperation between India and Russia
• It would provide impetus to develop the technologies and advanced systems required for the human spaceflight programme like radiation shielding, life support systems, crew module, rendezvous and docking systems, space suit, training for astronauts etc.
• The MoU would lead to develop a joint activity in the field of application of space technologies for the benefit of humanity.
• It will lead to setting up of a Joint Working Group, which will further work out the plan of action including the time-frame and the means of implementing the provisions of this Agreement.
Gaganyaan (Human Space Flight Programme):
• Gaganyaan (“Skycraft”) is an Indian crewed orbital spacecraft intended to be the basis of the Indian Human Spaceflight Programme.
• The spacecraft is being designed to carry three people, and a planned upgraded version will be equipped with rendezvous and docking capability.
• GSLV Mk-III launch vehicle, which has the necessary payload capability for this mission, will be used to launch Gaganyaan.
• The total programme is expected to be completed before 2022 with the first unmanned flight within 30 months.
• Objectives of the mission:
• Enhancement of science and technology levels in the country.
• A national project involving several institutes, academia, and industry.
• Improvement of industrial growth.
• Inspiring youth.
• Development of technology for social benefits.
• Improving international collaboration.
4. Start-up India Venture Capital Summit, 2018 was organised in
• The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry and the Government of Goa is hosting the annual Start-up India Venture Capital Summit.
• The theme of the Summit is ‘Mobilizing Global Capital for Innovation in India.
• The event will showcase the Indian startup opportunity for funds from around the world.
• The summit aims to attract more global capital into the country.
• The event will enable a dialogue between Government and experienced Venture Capital fund managers on ways to further promote the startup ecosystem in India.
• The focus of the Summit is on the huge return-generating potential of India’s vast and diverse market monetized through cutting-edge technologies and supported by investor-friendly regulations.
5. PUSA Kisan Haat will be set up in which of the following Indian cities?
a) New Delhi
• Union Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Minister laid the foundation stone of PUSA Kisan Haat in ICAR’s Agricultural Technology Information Centre (ATIC).
• PUSA Kisan Haat will also have ‘Technology Park’ in which farmers can see Live crop technologies of PUSA.
• Facilities like food plaza, open-air theatre with a seating capacity of 100 people, conference hall, museum, Lab and lecture hall.
• It will also have the facility for agricultural consultation services, seeds and literature for farmers.