News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 15 Dec 2018
- December 17, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) India’s first private Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) factory has been set up in which of the following cities?
• India’s first private Unmanned Aerial Vehicles factory comes up in Hyderabad
• Built by the Adani Group and Israel-based Elbit Systems, the facility will develop Hermes 900 medium altitude long-endurance UAVs for the Indian and global markets.
2) ECO Niwas Samhita 2018 has been launched by which of the following ministries/organisations?
a) Ministry of Power
b) Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change
c) NITI Aayog
d) National Biodiversity Authority
• Giving a further fillip to India’s energy conservation efforts, Ministry of Power has launched the ECO Niwas Samhita 2018, an Energy Conservation Building Code for Residential Buildings (ECBC-R).
• The implementation of this Code is will give a fillip to energy efficiency in the residential sector.
3) The recently launched GSAT 7A of ISRO is a
a) Navigational satellites
b) Spy satellite
c) Communication satellite
d) Remote Sensing Satellite
• GSLV-F11 launched ISRO’s latest communication satellite, GSAT-7A, the second communication satellite meant primarily for military applications, in orbit.
o an advanced military communications satellite meant exclusively for the Indian Air Force.
o similar to the Indian navy’s GSAT-7
o Indian Air Force will be the sole operator of the satellite.
o will enable IAF to interlink different ground radar stations, ground airbase and Airborne early warning and control (AWACS) aircraft such as Beriev A-50 Phalcon and DRDO AEW&CS.
o operation in the Ku band will service communication needs for network-centric operations of the IAF
4) Who among the following has been honoured with Jnanpith Award for 2018?
a) Salman Rushdie
b) Krishna Sobti
c) Anees Salim
d) Amitav Ghosh
• Eminent novelist Amitav Ghosh has been chosen for this year’s Jnanpith Award
• The award is given to an author for “outstanding contribution towards literature”.
5) Which of the following states was selected for “Krishi Karman” award in the rice category from the Union Ministry of Agriculture?
• Jharkhand has been selected for “Krishi Karman” award in the rice category from the Union Ministry of Agriculture
• The award to be given away in February next year carries a cash prize of Rs 2 crore and a citation