News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 17 Dec 2018
- December 19, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Which of the following nuclear power plants in India has set a new world record for operating uninterrupted for the most number of days?
a) Kaiga Atomic Power Station
b) Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant
c) Jaitapur Nuclear Power Project
d) Kakrapar Nuclear Power Plant
• The indigenously developed Kaiga Atomic Power Station (KAPS), Karnataka has set a new world record among pressurised heavy water reactors (PHWRs) with one of its units operating uninterrupted for more than 940 days
• The previous record for continuous operation was held by a unit of Pickering Nuclear Generating Station (PNGS) of Canada which operated continuously for 894 days and a few hours
2) Who among the following recently became the first Indian to win the season-ending BWF World Tour Finals tournament?
a) Saina Nehwal
b) K Srikanth
c) PV Sindhu
d) Parupalli Kashyap
• PV Sindhu made history by becoming the first Indian to win the season-ending BWF World Tour Finals tournament.
• This was her career’s 14th title but the year’s first. Prior to this in 2018, she has won silver at the World Championships, Asian Games, Commonwealth Games, Thailand Open and India Open
3) India’s first railway university National Rail and Transportation Institution has been opened in which of the following states?
a) Uttar Pradesh
• India’s first railway university has been inaugurated in Vadodara, Gujarat
• This is a big step by the national transporter towards professional education and training in the railway sector.
• The National Rail and Transportation Institute (NRTI), deemed university in Vadodara, is India’s first railway university and only third such in the whole world after Russia and China.
4) Who among the following won men’s Hockey World Cup, 2018?
• Belgium won the Men’s Hockey World Cup 2018 defeating Netherlands by 3-2 in the final played in Bhubaneswar
5) The Information Fusion Centre (IFC) for the Indian Ocean Region (IOR) launched by the Indian Navy is headquartered in
• The IFC has been established at the Navy’s Information Management and Analysis Centre (IMAC) in Gurugram, which is the single point centre linking all the coastal radar chains to generate a seamless real-time picture of the nearly 7,500-km coastline.
• Through this Centre, information on “white shipping”, or commercial shipping, will be exchanged with countries in the region to improve maritime domain awareness in the Indian Ocean