News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 20 Dec 2018
- December 22, 2018
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) The Department of Posts released a commemorative postage stamp on Rajkumar Shukla who was involved in
a) Kheda Satyagraha
b) Non-cooperation Movement
c) Champaran Satyagraha
d) Bardoli Satyagraha
• In drawing the attention of Mahatma Gandhi to the plight of peasants suffering under an oppressive system established by European indigo planters in Champaran, Bihar, Rajkumar Shukla made a seminal contribution culminating in the launch of the Champaran Satyagraha in 1917 by Mahatma Gandhi
2) Hodeidah, recently seen in news, is located in which of the following countries?
• Yemen’s warring parties have agreed to an immediate ceasefire in the Red Sea port of Hodeidah.
• Hodeidah, is the fourth-largest city in Yemen and its principal port on the Red Sea.
3) Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) is implemented by
a) Ministry of Rural Development
b) Ministry of Skill Development
c) Ministry of Labour and Employment
d) Ministry of Human Resource Development
• Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) is the flagship placement linked skill-training programme under the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD).
• MoRD signed MOU with Maruti Suzuki India Ltd for training rural youth for skill development
• DDU-GKY is a part of the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM), tasked with the dual objectives of adding diversity to the incomes of rural poor families and cater to the career aspirations of rural youth.
4) The Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty recently seen is news is between which of the following countries?
a) Israel and Saudi Arabia
b) USA and Russia
c) India and Pakistan
d) North Korea and USA
• The Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty is a 1987 arms control agreement between the United States and the Soviet Union (and later its successor state the Russian Federation).
• The US has announced intent to dismiss the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) treaty
5) Winter Solstice of 2018 occurs on which of the following days?
a) December 1st
b) January 3rd
c) December 21st
d) November 25th
• The December solstice happens at the same instant for everyone, everywhere on Earth – and this year the winter solstice occurs on Friday December 21st 22:23 GMT in the Northern Hemisphere.
• The winter solstice happens every year when the Sun reaches its most southerly declination of -23.5 degrees. In other words, it is when the North Pole is tilted farthest away from the Sun, delivering the fewest hours of sunlight of the year.
• The Sun is directly overhead of the Tropic of Capricorn in the Southern Hemisphere during the December solstice and is closer to the horizon than at any other time in the year, meaning shorter days and longer nights.