News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 21 Dec 2018
- December 23, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Paika Rebellion, an armed rebellion against the British East India Company’s rule, happened in
a) Tamil Nadu
• Pre-dating what has been popularly regarded as the first war of independence in 1857, the Paika Bidroha (Paika Rebellion) of 1817 in Odisha briefly shook the foundations of British rule in the eastern part of India.
• Paikas were essentially the peasant militias of the Gajapati rulers of Odisha who rendered military service to the king during times of war while taking up cultivation during times of peace.
• They unfurled the banner of rebellion against the British under the leadership of Baxi Jagandhu Bidyadhara as early as 1817 to throw off the British yoke.
• Many a battle ensued with some victories to the rebels, but the British finally managed to defeat them within three months.
2) Advanced Towed Artillery Gun System (ATAGS) is being developed by
a) Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
b) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
c) Armament Development Authority
d) Israel Aerospace Industries
Advanced Towed Artillery Gun System (ATAGS)
• The ATAGS is a 155mm, 52 calibre gun being developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation on two parallel tracks: one prototype is being built in partnership with Tata Power (Strategic Engineering Division), and the other is in collaboration with Bharat Forge.
• The gun has several significant features including an all-electric drive, high mobility, quick deployability, auxiliary power mode, advanced communications system, automated command and control system.
3) Tembhu lift irrigation scheme is being constructed in which of the following Indian states?
• Maharashtra govt approves Rs 4,089 cr for Tembhu irrigation scheme; project to benefit Satara, Solapur, Sangli districts
• The scheme is about constructing barrages on the river Krishna near Tembhu village and lifting 22 billion cubic feet water to irrigate 80,000-hectare areas in seven talukas -Karad, Kadegaon, Tasgaon, Khanapur, Atpadi, Kavathe-Mahankal and Sangola – spread across Satara, Sangli and Solapur districts
4) Which of the following has emerged as the best-performing state in National Report on States’ Start-up Ranking, 2018?
• The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) announced results of the first ever States’ Start-up Ranking 2018
• On the basis of performance in these categories, the States have been recognised as the Best Performer, Top Performers, Leaders, Aspiring Leaders, Emerging States and Beginners, as follows:
• Best Performer: Gujarat
• Top Performers: Karnataka, Kerala, Odisha, and Rajasthan
• Leaders: Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, and Telangana
• Aspiring Leaders: Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, and West Bengal
• Emerging States: Assam, Delhi, Goa, Jammu & Kashmir, Maharashtra, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, and Uttarakhand
• Beginners: Chandigarh, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Puducherry, Sikkim, and Tripura
5) Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation (KALIA) scheme is being implemented in
c) Uttar Pradesh
• The Odisha state cabinet has approved the Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation (KALIA) scheme, worth over Rs 10,000 crore, for the development of farmers in the state