News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 27 Dec 2018
- December 29, 2018
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Which of the following districts topped the Second Delta Ranking under the Aspirational Districts Programme?
• The NITI Aayog released the Second Delta ranking for the Aspirational Districts which measures the incremental progress made by them between June 1, 2018 and October 31, 2018, across six developmental areas of Health and Nutrition, Education, Agriculture and Water Resources, Financial Inclusion, Skill Development, and Basic Infrastructure.
• Virudhunagar (Tamil Nadu), Naupada (Odisha) and Sidharthnagar (Uttar Pradesh) have emerged as the top three districts in the ranking of aspirational districts by Niti Aayog.
2) Which of the following recently became the first country in Southeast Asia to legalise medical marijuana?
• Thailand’s legislature has agreed to amend the country’s drug law to allow the licensed medical use of marijuana, as well as the kratom, a locally grown plant traditionally used as a stimulant and painkiller.
3) Which of the following committees was constituted recently by RBI to review the extant Economic Capital Framework?
a) Malegam Committee
b) Dinesh Sharma Committee
c) Amitabh Kant Committee
d) Bimal Jalan Committee
• In the backdrop of the government reportedly seeking transfer of excess capital from the Reserve Bank of India so that the same can be productively deployed, the RBI has constituted a six-member expert committee, chaired by former Governor Bimal Jalan, to review the extant Economic Capital Framework.
4) Kuno National Park is located in which of the following Indian states?
d) Madhya Pradesh
• Madhya Pradesh: Kuno notified as national park, path clear for Gir lions
5) Dwijing Festival is celebrated in which of the following Indian states?
c) Arunachal Pradesh
• In Assam, the third Dwijing Festival has begun on the bank of Aye river at Chirang district. Around 15 lakh tourists are expected to participate in the festival.