News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 28 Dec 2018
- December 30, 2018
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Which one of the following Indian states has launched Vajpayee international schools for rural students?
a) Uttar Pradesh
• Marking the 94th birth anniversary celebrations of the late Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis launched the ‘Bharat Ratna Atal Bihar Vajpayee International Schools’ for students in mofussil areas
2) The Ganges River Dolphin is found in which of the following countries?
d) All of the above
• Rise in salinity in the water system that makes the Indian Sunderbans has resulted in the decrease of population of the Ganges River Dolphins in the region
• The Ganges River dolphin, or susu, inhabits the Ganges-Brahmaputra-Meghna and Karnaphuli-Sangu river systems of Nepal, India, and Bangladesh.
• This dolphin is among the four “obligate” freshwater dolphins – the other three are the baiji now likely extinct from the Yangtze river in China, the bhulan of the Indus in Pakistan and the boto of the Amazon River in Latin America.
• It has been classified as Endangered in the IUCN Red List
3) Which municipal corporation was awarded Best Capital City in the Solid Waste Management in the Swachh Survekshan 2018 rankings?
• The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation was awarded Best Capital City in the Solid Waste Management in the Swachh Survekshan 2018 rankings.
4) Amer Fort is located in which district of Rajasthan?
• The Minister of State (I/C) for Tourism handed over a Memorandum of Understanding under the ‘Adopt a Heritage’ project to M/s Resbird Technologies for development of a mobile Audio Guide App for five iconic sites.
• The five iconic sites for which the mobile Audio Guide App is to be developed are Amer Fort (Rajasthan), Kaziranga (Assam), Colva Beach (Goa), Kumarakom (Kerala) and Mahabodhi Temple (Bihar).
• One of the finest examples of Rajput architecture, it was the ancient capital of the Kachhawah rulers. The original palace was built by Raja Man Singh and additions were made later by Sawai Jai Singh.
5) The world’s oldest organized institute of yoga studies is located in
• President R.N. Kovind will inaugurate the centenary celebrations of The Yoga Institute, the world’s oldest organized institute of yoga studies, which turned 100
• TYI was founded on December 25, 1918 in Mumbai as a non-profit organization by yoga guru Yogendra ji and is deemed as world’s oldest organized institute of yoga studies