News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 29 Dec 2018
- December 31, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Dachigam National Park is located in which one of the following Indian states?
b) Madhya Pradesh
c) Jammu and Kashmir
• The hangul, the state animal of Jammu and Kashmir, is an endangered species. But the recent discovery that the animal, long thought to be confined to the Dachigam National Park, has begun using an old migratory route has given fresh hope to conservationists
• The Kashmir stag, also called hangul, is a subspecies of elk native to India.
• It is found in dense riverine forests in the high valleys and mountains of the Kashmir Valley and northern Chamba district in Himachal Pradesh.
• In Kashmir, it’s found in the Dachigam National Park where it receives protection but elsewhere it is more at risk.
• It has been classified as Critically Endangered in the IUN Red List
2) The Balkan Athlete of the Year Award 2018 was bagged by
a) Cristiano Ronaldo
b) Luka Modric
c) Novak Djokovic
d) Grigor Dimitrov
• Croatia captain Luka Modric was named Balkan Athlete of the Year, becoming only the second soccer player to scoop the prize after Bulgaria’s former European Footballer of the Year Hristo Stoichkov in 1994.
3) Who among the following has become the first person to complete a solo trek across Antarctica without any assistance?
a) Felicity Aston
b) Louis Rudd
c) Henry Worsley
d) Colin O’Brady
• An American adventurer has become the first person to complete a solo trek across Antarctica without assistance of any kind.
• Colin O’Brady, 33, took 54 days to complete the nearly 1,600 km journey, crossing the frozen continent from coast to coast.
4) According to RBI, which bank topped the list of banks for penalising staff for fraud in 2015-2017?
b) Punjab National Bank
c) Kotak Mahindra
• Private lender ICICI Bank penalised the highest number of employees for defrauding bank assets in the last three years.
• Of the 60 scheduled commercial banks operating in India, the Mumbai-based bank topped the list of those taking action against staff for their involvement in frauds during the three years through 2015 to 2017, shows data presented in the Parliament
5) The National Children’s Science Congress 2018 was recently organised in
a) New Delhi
• Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurated 26th edition of National Children’s Science Congress in Bhubaneswar in which as many as 800 students from ten Asian and seven Gulf countries are participating.