News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 31 Dec 2018
- January 2, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Which of the following islands of Andaman group has been recently renamed as Shaheed Dweep?
a) Neil island
b) Ross island
c) Havelock island
d) Sentinel island
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced renaming of three islands of Andaman and Nicobar on the occasion of 75th anniversary of tricolour hoisting by Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose here.
• The Ross Island was renamed as Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Dweep, the Neil Island would now be known as Shaheed Dweep and the Havelock Island as Swaraj Dweep
2) Who among the following was recently appointed as the new Chief Information Commissioner?
a) Sudhir Bhargava
b) A. N. Tiwari
c) Yashovardhan Azad
d) Manjula Prasher
• The government has appointed Sudhir Bhargava as the new Chief Information Commissioner
3) Who among the following was recently named the ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year?
a) Alyssa Healy
b) Sophie Ecclestone
c) Smriti Mandhana
d) Mithali Raj
• India’s Smriti Mandhana was crowned women’s cricketer of the year by the sport’s world governing body, capping off a prolific run-scoring season for the opener.
4) Who among the following authored “Early Indians: The Story of Our Ancestors and Where We Came From”?
a) Manu Pillai
b) Tony Joseph
c) Ramachandra Guha
d) Romila Thapar
• Tony Joseph’s Early Indians: The Story Of Our Ancestors And Where We Came From unravels our history using the results of genetics and other research.
5) International Rice Research Institute’s South Asia Regional Centre (ISARC) campus was recently inaugurated in
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the International Rice Research Institute’s South Asia Regional Centre (ISARC) campus in Varanasi. The centre will serve as a hub for rice research and training in South Asia.