News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 02 Jan 2019
- January 4, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Who among the following was recently sworn-in as the first ever Chief Justice of Telangana High Court?
a) Justice T B Radhakrishnan
b) Justice Ramesh Ranganathan
c) Justice Sujata Manohar
d) Justice Naresh Patil
• Four years and seven months after it was carved out as a separate State, Telangana got a High Court for itself with the swearing-in of its first Chief Justice Thottathil B. Radhakrishnan and 12 other judges
2) Deen Dayal Veterinary University, which proposed to set up first goat fertility lab is located in the state of
a) Madhya Pradesh
b) Uttar Pradesh
• Deen Dayal Veterinary University in Uttar Pradesh proposed to set up the first goat fertility lab in the state under Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana at the cost of Rs 22 crore.
3) Which of the following Indian states is left to be 100% electrified under the Central Government’s Saubhagya Yojana?
b) Tamil Nadu
• The country achieved yet another milestone in the power sector with the completion of electrification in 100% households in 25 states at year end.
• Now, only about 10.48 lakh households are left to be electrified in 4 states – Assam, Rajasthan, Meghalaya, and Chhattisgarh
4) Which of the following countries has recently quit from UNESCO?
a) North Korea
• The United States and Israel officially quit the U.N.’s educational, scientific and cultural agency, the culmination of a process triggered more than a year ago amid concerns that the organization fosters anti-Israel bias.
5) India’s Fiscal Stability Report is released annually by
a) Ministry of Finance
b) Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
c) NITI Aayog
• The Reserve Bank of India released its the Financial Stability Report (FSR).
• The report reflects the overall assessment on the stability of India’s financial system and its resilience to risks emanating from global and domestic factors