News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 03 Jan 2019
- January 5, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) The 106th Indian Science Congress was recently held in which of the following Indian states?
b) New Delhi
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 106th edition of Indian Science Congress at Jalandhar, an annual congregation that witnesses deliberations by top scientific minds of the country.
2) Krishi Krishak Bondhu, a welfare initiative for farmers, was recently launched by
b) West Bengal
d) Arunachal Pradesh
• The West Bengal government announced two welfare initiatives for farmers on Monday. Both initiatives, which are part of the ‘Krishi Krishak Bondhu’ scheme, will come into effect from New Year’s Day.
• The first of the two initiatives will provide Rs 2 lakh to the family of a deceased farmer. Under the second initiative, farmers would get Rs 2,500 twice a year for growing a single crop on one acre of land
3) ‘Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan’ was a slogan given by
a) Indira Gandhi
b) Lal Bahadur Shastri
c) Mahatma Gandhi
d) B R Ambedkar
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi added Jai Anusandhan to former prime minister Lal Bahadur Shastri’s famous slogan of Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan and Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s Jai Vigyan.
4) Vijaya Bank & Dena Bank are to be merged with which of the following public sector banks?
a) State Bank of India
b) Punjab National Bank
c) Indian Overseas Bank
d) Bank of Baroda
• Paving the way for the first ever-three way merger of public sector lenders, the Cabinet approved amalgamation of Dena Bank and Vijaya Bank with Bank of Baroda that would create the country’s third-largest lender.
5) Which of the following has become the country’s largest asset management company?
a) Kotak Mahindra
b) Reliance India Ltd
• HDFC Mutual Fund pipped ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund to become the country’s largest asset management company after a gap of over two years.
• HDFC MF manages assets worth Rs 3.35 lakh crore, while ICICI Prudential MF stood at Rs 3.08 lakh crore as of December, according to data by Association of Mutual Funds in India.