News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 04 Jan 2019
- January 6, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Who among the following is the first female amputee to have conquered Mt Everest?
a) Malavath Purna
b) Tamae Watanabe
c) Premlata Agarwal
d) Arunima Sinha
• Arunima Sinha, the Indian mountaineer who became the world’s first woman amputee to climb Mount Everest in 2013, has now become the first woman amputee to climb Mount Vinson (highest peak of Antarctica).
2) Tai Khamti is a tribe mostly found in which of the following Indian states?
b) Arunachal Pradesh
d) West Bengal
• The Union Cabinet approved the introduction of a bill to modify the list of Scheduled Tribes of Arunachal Pradesh.
• As there is no tribe called “Khampti”, the bill replaces it with “Tai Khamti” on the list.
3) Who among the following beats Sachin Tendulkar’s record to become the fastest batsman to score 19000 international runs?
a) AB de Villiers
b) Virat Kohli
c) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
d) Joe Root
• Virat Kohli beats Sachin Tendulkar to become the fastest to reach 19000 international runs
4) Tejas, inducted into the Indian armed forces, is a/an
a) Light Combat Aircraft
b) Anti-tank Guided Missile
c) Supersonic Ballistic Missile
d) Nuclear Submarine
• Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas quietly progressed towards manufacture in an enhanced, battle standard format.
• A new ‘limited’ clearance from Centre for Military Airworthiness & Certification (CEMILAC), a laboratory of the Defence Research and Development Organisation, for the fighter aircraft green-lights its production in a superior lethal version
5) Veer Savarkar International Airport is located in which of the following Indian states/UTs?
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) Andaman and Nicobar
• Veer Savarkar International Airport in Port Blair has been declared as an authorized Immigration Check post for entry into/exit from India with valid travel documents for all classes of passengers.