News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 05 Jan 2019
- January 7, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Indian Panorama Film Festival was recently held in
d) New Delhi
• Indian Panorama Film Festival, being organized by Directorate of Film Festivals, Ministry of I&B, was inaugurated by Secretary, Ministry of I&B, Shri Amit Khare at Siri Fort Auditorium II, New Delhi.
2) The Centre for Classical Language will be set up in
b) Tamil Nadu
c) Andhra Pradesh
• Central government gives nod for Centre for Classical Language in Kerala.
• More than five years after Malayalam was declared a classical language, the Union Government issued its nod for setting up the Centre for Classical Language at the Thunchath Ezhuthachan Malayalam University in Tirur
3) Which business tycoon became the first to be named “Fugitive Economic Offender”?
a) Nirav Modi
b) Mehul Choksi
c) Vijay Mallya
d) Jatin Mehta
• Former liquor baron Vijay Mallya became the first Indian businessman to be declared a fugitive economic offender by a special court in Mumbai in a ruling that will likely empower government agencies to confiscate his properties in India and overseas.
4) Which of the following states bagged the Central Board of Irrigation and Power (CBIP) award for speedy execution of Polavaram multipurpose project?
a) Andhra Pradesh
c) Tamil Nadu
• The Andhra Pradesh government bagged the Central Board of Irrigation and Power (CBIP) award for speedy execution of Polavaram multipurpose project on the Godavari river
5) The Government of India has launched Green–Ag Project in collaboration with
b) World Bank
• The Government of India launched a Global Environment Facility- (GEF) assisted project, namely Green–Ag: Transforming Indian agriculture for global environment benefits and the conservation of critical biodiversity and forest landscapes in collaboration with the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) in high-conservation-value landscapes of five states, namely Madhya Pradesh (Chambal landscape), Mizoram (Dampa landscape), Odisha (Similipal landscape), Rajasthan (Desert National Park landscape) and Uttarakhand (Corbett-Rajaji landscape) in September 2018.