News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 08 Jan 2019
- January 10, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) The One Hundred and Twenty- Fourth Constitution Amendment Bill seeks to provide what percent of reservation to economically backward sections among the upper castes?
a) 2 %
b) 7 %
c) 10 %
d) 25 %
• BJP-led NDA government decided to amend the Constitution to provide 10 percent reservation for the general category EWS in direct recruitment for government jobs and admission to higher educational institutions.
• It would include all families earning an annual income of below Rs 8 lakh, across all religions
2) The Personal Laws (Amendment Bill), 2018 seeks the removal of which disease as a ground for divorce?
• The Lok Sabha passed the Personal Laws (Amendment Bill), 2018, which seeks removal of leprosy as a ground for divorce.
• Leprosy, also known as Hansen’s disease, is a chronic infectious disease caused by Mycobacterium leprae. The disease mainly affects the skin, the peripheral nerves, mucosal surfaces of the upper respiratory tract and the eyes.
3) 70-point Performance Grading Index (PGI) was recently launched by
a) NITI Aayog
b) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
c) Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation
d) Ministry of Human Resource Development
• The government will use a 70-point Performance Grading Index (PGI) to assess areas of deficiency in each state’s school education system so that targeted interventions can be made at every level from pedagogy to teacher training.
• 35 states and Union Territories have already confirmed their participation to the union Human Resource Development (HRD) ministry which is compiling this schooling index.
4) Who among the following has joined IMF as 1st woman Chief Economist?
a) Reetika Khera
b) Rohini Pande
c) Jayati Ghosh
d) Gita Gopinath
• Mysore-born Gita Gopinath has joined International Monetary Fund as its chief economist, becoming the first woman to occupy the top IMF post.
5) The 1st Ever Global Aviation Summit will be held in
a) New Delhi
• Against the backdrop of the International Civil Aviation Organisation`s (ICAO) prediction of a “100 percent increase in global air travel by 2030”, the first-ever two-day Global Aviation Summit-2019 with the theme of `Flying For All` will open in Mumbai