News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 09 Jan 2019
- January 11, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Who among the following has recently been appointed as the first Indian to become the president of Global Solar Council (GSC)?
a) Pranav R Mehta
b) Gita Gopinath
c) Satyendra Dubey
d) Pradeep Kumar Sinha
• A visionary in the field of Solar Energy and the Chairman of National Solar Energy Federation, Shri Pranav R Mehta, has taken over as the president of Global Solar Council (GSC)
2) 2019 edition of the African Cup of Nations will be hosted by
d) South Africa
• Egypt will host the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, the Confederation of African Football (Caf) has announced
3) Which of the following committees has been constituted by RBI to suggest measures to strengthen the safety and security of digital payments in the country?
a) Bimal Jalan Committee
b) Vipin Malik Committee
c) Nandan Nilekani Committee
d) James Raj Committee
• The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) constituted a high-level committee headed by former chairman of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) Nandan Nilekani to set up a robust digital payments ecosystem in the country
4) Which of the following organisations (pavilions) have been awarded the ‘Exhibitor of the Year Award’ at 106th Indian Science Congress?
c) NITI Aayog
• The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) pavilion received ‘Exhibitor of the Year Award’ at 106th Indian Science Congress held at Lovely Professional University (LPU), Phagwara, Punjab.
5) Which of the following is the most valuable company in the world according to the latest figures?
• Tech giant Amazon has overtaken Microsoft to become the world’s most valuable listed company. The online giant was valued at $810 billion as compared to Microsoft at $789 billion.