News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 10 Jan 2019
- January 12, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Moran is a tribe inhabiting which of the following Indian states?
c) Jammu and Kashmir
• NCST gives nod to grant ST status to six communities in Assam. The Assam government’s proposal was to grant ST status to the communities of Koch Rajbongshi, Chutia, Moran, Matka, Tai Ahom and Tea Tribes as forwarded by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
2) Which of the following city traffic police has launched ‘Police-E-Eye’ app to enable reporting of traffic violations?
• Residents of Coimbatore can now report instances of traffic violations, such as speaking on the cell phone while driving, driving without wearing helmet and seat belts, through a mobile application ‘Police-E-Eye’
3) 2018 Confederation of African Football Player of the Year award was awarded to
a) Riyad Mahrez
b) Yaya Toure
c) Yacine Brahim
d) Mohamed Salah
• Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah is the 2018 Confederation of African Football Player of the Year – the second consecutive year he has won the award.
4) World Hindi Day is celebrated annually on
a) May 12th
b) January 10th
c) November 3rd
d) June 10th
• World Hindi Day is celebrated on January 10 every year, marking the anniversary of first World Hindi Conference which was held in 1975 by then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
5) ‘We Are Displaced: My Journey and Stories from Refugee Girls Around the World’ was authored by
a) Farida Khalaf
b) Manal Al Sharif
c) Malala Yousfsai
d) Joumana Haddad
• Nobel Peace Prize winner and Pakistani activist Malala Yousafzai is coming up with a new book, charting her experiences travelling the world and visiting refugee camps. Titled ‘We Are Displaced: My Journey and Stories from Refugee Girls Around the World, the book will hit the stands in India