News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 12 Jan 2019
- January 14, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Renukaji Multi-Purpose Project is proposed to be constructed on which of the following rivers?
• Three storage projects are proposed to be constructed on the river Yamuna and two of its tributaries – Tons and Giri in the hilly regions of Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh of Upper Yamuna Basin.
• These include Lakhwar project on river Yamuna in Uttarakhand , Kishau on river Tons in Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh and Renukaji on river Giri in Himachal Pradesh.
2) National Youth Day is celebrated annually on
a) September 14th
b) November 26th
c) October 2nd
d) January 12th
• Swami Vivekananda’s birth anniversary, also called Swami Vivekananda Jayanti, is celebrated on January 12. The day is also observed as National Youth Day.
3) Democracy Index 2018 was released recently by
a) World Bank
d) None of the above
• The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) has just released its annual democracy index
• Australia and New Zealand are the only “full democracies” in the entire Asia-Pacific region
4) Which of the following has announced to become the first state to roll out Universal Basic Income?
b) Tamil Nadu
• Sikkim will be the first state to roll out Universal Basic Income (UBI) and has started the process to introduce the unconditional direct cash transfer scheme
5) Who among the following was awarded ICSIs Lifetime Achievement Award for ‘Translating Excellence in Corporate Governance into Reality’?
a) Ratan Tata
b) Mukesh Ambani
c) Adi Godrej
d) Lakshmi Mittal
• Industrialist and Godrej Group Chairman Adi Godrej has conferred the ICSIs Lifetime Achievement Award for ‘Translating Excellence in Corporate Governance into Reality
• The awards were instituted by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI), which is celebrating its golden jubilee.