News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 14 Jan 2019
- January 16, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Which of the following has become the first state to implement 10% reservation for the economically weaker sections (EWS) in the general category?
• Gujarat has become the first state in the country to implement the new provision
• The BJP-led Gujarat government implemented 10 percent reservation in state government jobs and education for the economically weaker sections (EWS) in the general category.
2) Which of the following cities has introduced the robot ROADEO for traffic management?
b) New Delhi
• Chennai Traffic Police introduces robots for traffic management
• Named ROADEO, the robot will make the pedestrians, especially children, feel safe while crossing the roads.
3) IMBEX, 2019 is a bilateral army exercise between India and which of the following countries?
d) None of the above
• The second edition of the India-Myanmar bilateral army exercise, IMBEX 2018-19, commenced at Chandimandir Military Station that houses the headquarters of the Western Command
4) Which of the following states has topped the medal tally at the Khelo India Games, 2019?
c) Tamil Nadu
• Maharashtra tops the medal tally with 37 golds at the Khelo India Youth Games in Pune.
• It has 111 medals in its kitty with 37 gold, 31 silver and 43 bronze.
5) Who has recently become the youngest Indian to win the Junior World title in golf?
a) Shubham Jaglan
b) Shubhankar Sharma
c) Kartik Singh
d) Aditi Ashok
• 8-year-old Kartik Singh has won the under-8 category at the Kids’ Golf World Championship organised by US kids Golf in Malaysia, which makes him the youngest Indian to win the title.