News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 15 Jan 2019
- January 17, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) India’s largest start up ecosystem was recently inaugurated in which of the following states?
• India’s largest startup ecosystem inaugurated in Kerala; to provide 2.5 lakh IT jobs
• The Integrated Startup Complex under the Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM) includes the ultra-modern facilities of Maker Village that promote hardware startups, the BioNest that promotes medical technologies, BRINC which is the country’s first international accelerator for hardware start ups.
2) Which of the following committees has been set up by Madras High Court to find a solution to root out invasive species of plants from the Western Ghats?
a) Cherukuri Raghavendra Babu Committee
b) Gadgil Committee
c) Kasturirangan Committee
d) Ranjana Desai Committee
• The Madras High Court has set up an expert committee to find a solution to root out invasive species of plants from the Western Ghats while observing that such species were the second largest cause of biodiversity loss in the world.
• The committee shall be headed by Cherukuri Raghavendra Babu, the chairman of the expert committee on invasive species in Chennai National Biodiversity Authority.
3) Trishna Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which of the following Indian states?
a) Madhya Pradesh
c) Arunachal Pradesh
• The state-owned ONGC Tripura Asset would soon start extracting natural gas from Trishna Wildlife Sanctuary in Belonia subdivision of Gomati district following National Wildlife Board’s clearance of its proposal
• Trishna Wildlife Sanctuary is a Wildlife Sanctuary in Tripura.
4) Who among the following was awarded the first ever Philip Kotler Presidential Award by the World Marketing Summit India?
a) Dr. Shashi Tharoor
b) Narendra Modi
c) Dr. Raghuram Rajan
d) Rahul Gandhi
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi was awarded the first ever Philip Kotler Presidential Award by the World Marketing Summit India, whose event was co-sponsored by GAIL India, and partnered by Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali group, Republic TV etc
5) Who among the following has recently set up a world record in indoor rowing by completing 1,00,000 (one lakh) metres?
a) Swaran Singh
b) Dattu Baban Bhokanal
c) Shakil Ahmed
d) Bajrang Lal
• Asian Cup Gold medallist Shakil Amed has added one more feather to his cap when he set up a world record in indoor rowing by completing 1,00,000 (one lakh) metres in above-40 years category