News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 16 Jan 2019
- January 18, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Who among the following recently became the youngest Indian and second youngest Grand Master in the world?
a) Parimarjan Negi
b) D Gukesh
c) Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa
d) Nihal Sarin
• Tamil Nadu lad D Gukesh became the second youngest Grand Master in the world and the youngest Indian to achieve the feat at 12 years, seven months and 17 days, erasing the mark set by his state-mate R Praggnanandhaa in June last year.
2) Indian Army Day is celebrated annually on
a) January 15th
b) March 2nd
c) July 25th
d) November 15th
• Indian Army Day is celebrated on January 15, every year to commemorate the day when Lieutenant General K M Cariappa took over as Commander-in-Chief of India on January 1949.
3) Thai Pongal is an annual harvest festival celebrated in Tamil Nadu and is dedicated to
c) Sun God
• Pongal 2019 or Thai Pongal 2019 is one of the most important festivals in the Tamil calendar.
• The four-day harvest festival is celebrated in Tamil Nadu and is dedicated to the Sun God.
4) The 6th Women of India Organic Festival held in Chandigarh is an initiative of
a) NITI Aayog
b) Ministry of Women and Child Development
c) National Commission for Women
d) Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare
• The Ministry of Women and Child Development aims to encourage Indian women entrepreneurs and farmers to connect with more buyers through organizing ‘Women of India Organic Festivals’ across the country.
5) Regional Centre of National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCD) was recently inaugurated in
• Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi inaugurates Regional Centre of National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCD) at Mohali