News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 17 Jan 2019
- January 19, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Who among the following recently became the world’s youngest mountaineer to climb 7 highest peaks and volcano summits across all continents?
a) Satyarup Siddhanta
b) Arunima Sinha
c) Malavath Purna
d) Aaryan Balaji
• India’s Satyarup becomes world’s youngest mountaineer to climb 7 peaks, 7 volcano summits
• Mountaineer Satyarup Siddhanta conquered Antartica’s highest point, Mount Sidley. With this feat, he became the first Indian and youngest man to climb the seven highest peaks and volcanic summits across all continents.
2) According to the 6th City Momentum Index, which Indian city has emerged as the world’s most dynamic city?
c) New Delhi
• Bengaluru overtakes Hyderabad to top list of world’s most dynamic cities: Survey
• According to a survey by property consultant JLL, following Bengaluru is Hyderabad that is ranked second with Delhi at fourth, Pune at fifth, Chennai at seventh and Kolkata at fifteenth position featuring in top 20 cities.
3) Annual Status of Education Report (ASER) 2018 is published by
a) NITI Aayog
b) NGO Pratham
c) Ministry of Human Resource Development
• The Annual Status of Education Report (ASER) 2018 shows that while there are small improvements, the crisis in Indian education, in terms of outcomes, continues. The survey covered around 3.5 lakh households and 546,527 children between the ages of three and 16 across 596 rural districts.
• It is conducted by an autonomous unit of education-NGO Pratham.
4) A one-day Turtle Festival, organised by Cox & Kings Foundation, was recently held in
a) West Bengal
d) Andhra Pradesh
• Hundreds of tourists thronged Puri sea beach here to witness the first Odisha Turtle Festival held to create awareness and promote ideas on conservation of olive ridley turtles.
• The one-day festival was organised by Cox & Kings Foundation in association with Humane Society International/India and Action for Protection of Wild Animals (APOWA)
5) Which among the following animals recently became the first to be declared extinct in 2019?
a) Pinta Island tortoise
b) Hawaiian tree snail
c) Humboldt dolphin
d) Aldabra tortoise
• A 14-year-old Hawaiian tree snail called George died on New Year’s Day. He was the last known member of his species, meaning his demise signalled the first extinctions of the year.