News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 18 Jan 2019
- January 20, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Global Risks Report 2019 was recently released by
a) World Bank
c) World Economic Forum
• The 14th edition of the Global Risks Report, prepared by the World Economic Forum with the support of Marsh & McLennan Companies and other partners, examines the evolving macro-level risk landscape and highlights major threats that may disrupt the world in 2019 and over the next decade.
2) Who among the following recently became the first Indian to be nominated for Laureus World Sports Award?
a) Hima Das
b) P V Sindhu
c) Dipa Karmakar
d) Vinesh Phogat
• Star wrestler Vinesh Phogat became the first Indian to be nominated for the prestigious Laureus World Sports Award
3) The second World Orange Festival has recently begun in
c) San Jose
• The second World Orange Festival will be organised in Nagpur from 21st January.
• The festival, while offering its famed oranges to the world, will also showcase and brand the exquisite fruit in order to boost its export.
4) The world’s first human rights TV channel has been launched recently by
a) International Observatory of Human Rights (IOHR)
b) United National High Commissioner for Refugees
c) Amnesty International
d) United Nations Human Rights Council
• The world’s first television channel dedicated to human rights was launched in London with a promise to deliver hidden stories ignored by mainstream media into people’s living rooms.
• The International Observatory of Human Rights (IOHR) said its web-based channel would bring human rights issues to audiences in over 20 countries across Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
5) Who among the following was recently honoured with the Japan Prize, 2019?
a) Rattan Lal
b) Avinash Kak
c) M S Swaminathan
d) Naresh Dadhich
• Dr. Rattan Lal honoured with 2019 Japan Prize for his outstanding contribution to Sustainable Soil Management