News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 21 Jan 2019
- January 23, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas will be held in
a) New Delhi
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas at Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh
2) Which of the following recently became the first in India to launch of a full-fledged bachelor’s programme in Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology?
a) IIT Mumbai
b) IIT Kharagpur
c) IIT Madras
d) IIT Hyderabad
• Indian Institute of Technology-Hyderabad (IIT-H) has announced the launch of a full-fledged bachelor’s programme in Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology from the new academic session, a first for the country and only the third globally.
3) The recently inaugurated Diffo Bridge is built over which of the following rivers?
• In Arunachal Pradesh, Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the Diffo Bridge over Chipu River in Lower Dibang Valley District.
4) Which of the following cities has been named as World Capital of Architecture for 2020 by UNESCO?
a) Rio de Janeiro
b) New Delhi
• UNESCO’s Assistant Director-General for Culture Ernesto Ottone R, Thomas Vonier, President of the International Union of Architects (UIA), and Verena Vicentini Andreatta, Municipal Secretary of the City of Rio for Urbanism, that the city of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) will be the World Capital of Architecture for 2020.
5) Who among the following won the $25,000 ITF women’s tennis tournament, 2019 held in Singapore?
a) Sania Mirza
b) Ankita Raina
c) Isha Lakhani
d) Ankita Bhambri
• Ankita Raina made light of the challenge of beating the top seed and World No. 122, Arantxa Rus of the Netherlands, as she won 6-3, 6-2 in the final of the $25,000 ITF women’s tennis tournament