News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 22 Jan 2019
- January 24, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Who among the following has recently been sworn-in as the President of Madagascar?
a) Nicolas Maduro
b) Andry Rajoelina
c) Rodrigo Duterte
d) Emmerson Mnangagwa
• Madagascar president Andry Rajoelina sworn into office after taking the oath of office in Antananarivo before nine judges of the High Constitutional Court.
2) Keerian-Gandyal bridge has been built over which of the following rivers?
• Union Minister Gadkari dedicated the Rs 150 crore inter-State Keerian Gandyal bridge over river Ravi to the nation along with State Governor, Satya Pal Malik and Union Minister in PMO, Dr. Jitendra Singh
3) Who among the following was named Emerging Player of the Year by the International Cricket Council (ICC)?
a) Virat Kohli
b) Pavan Shah
c) Rishabh Pant
d) Hardik Pandya
• Wicketkeeper-batsman Rishabh Pant was named the Emerging Player of the Year. The 21-year-old was picked by the ICC’s voting academy for a stellar show in his breakthrough Test year in 2018.
4) Project ReWeave, aimed at helping handloom weavers, is an initiative of
• Microsoft India has launched a new e-commerce platform re-weave.in for handloom weavers under its Project ReWeave, part of its philanthropic initiatives.
• This e-commerce platform will help connect artisans to buyers directly, enabling them to expand to newer customers and markets.
5) TROPEX (Theatre-level Readiness Operational Exercise) is conducted biennially by
a) Indian Army
b) Indian Navy
c) Indian Air force
d) Indian Coast Guard
• Over a decade after the 26/11 Mumbai terror strikes, the Indian Navy has launched “Sea Vigil”, a first of its kind and biggest coastal two-day defence exercise off the 7,516-km-long Indian coastline
• The two-day exercise will serve as a build-up to the major theatre-level tri-service exercise, TROPEX (Theatre-level Readiness Operational Exercise) conducted by the Indian Navy every two years.