News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 24 Jan 2019
- January 26, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Subhash Chandra Bose museum has recently been inaugurated in
a) Andaman and Nicobar
c) New Delhi
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Subhash Chandra Bose museum at the iconic Red Fort to mark the leader’s 122nd birth anniversary.
• Modi also inaugurated the Yaad-e-Jallian Museum, (museum on the Jallianwala Bagh and World War I), the Museum on 1857- India’s first war of Independence, and Drishyakala-Museum on Indian Art within the Red Fort complex
2) Microsat R, to be launched by ISRO is a/an
a) Educational satellite
b) Military imaging satellite
c) Remote sensing satellite
d) Navigation satellite
• ISRO’s first mission of 2019 is to put military satellite Microsat-R in space
• Microsat-R and its payload come assembled from a handful of laboratories of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and is meant for military use.
3) IAFTX 2019 is a military exercise conducted between India and
c) Saudi Arabia
d) European Union
• Indian Africa Field Training Exercise (IAFTX)-2019 is scheduled to be conducted at Aundh Military Station and College of Military Engineering, Pune from 18 March to 27 March 2019. The joint training exercise is being conducted with more than a dozen African countries & India.
4) National Girl Child Day is celebrated annually on
a) March 3rd
b) August 21st
c) January 24th
d) October 11th
• National girl child day is celebrated every year on 24th of January as a national observance day for the girl child. This celebration was started to offer more supports and new opportunities to the girls in the country.
• The day in 2019 is celebrated with theme of “Empowering Girls for a Brighter Tomorrow”.
5) Industrial Outlook Survey (IOS), and Services and Infrastructure Outlook Survey (SIOS) are the initiatives of
a) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
b) NITI Aayog
• The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has initiated two surveys namely, Industrial Outlook Survey (IOS), and Services and Infrastructure Outlook Survey (SIOS)
• The two quarterly surveys aim to examine the current situation including the job scenario in India’s manufacturing, services and infrastructure sectors.