News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 25 Jan 2019
- January 27, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) State Tiger Protection Force has been announced to be formed by which of the following states?
d) West Bengal
• The Telangana government has decided to form a ‘State Tiger Protection Force’ to save the Big Cat population in the State.
• The 112-member-armed STPF will be headed by an Assistant Conservator of Forests to protect tiger population in Amarabad and Kawal Tiger Reserves.
2) National Voters Days is celebrated on
a) January 25th
b) November 26th
c) July 11th
d) December 20th
• In order to encourage more young voters to take part in the political process, Government of India has decided to celebrate January 25 every year as “National Voters’ Day”
3) Kalamsat and Microsat R were recently launched by ISRO using which of the following vehicles?
a) GSLV Mk III
d) PSLV C44
• India successfully launched Microsat-R, a military satellite on board its Polar rocket PSLV C44, from the spaceport here on 24 January, in the first mission for the ISRO in 2019.
4) Which of the following is the third air base commissioned by Indian Navy in Andaman Nicobar?
a) INS Rajali
b) INS Kohassa
c) INS Bazz
d) INS Parundu
• The Navy commissioned a new air base, INS Kohassa, in the strategically located Andaman and Nicobar Islands as part of efforts to expand operational presence in the Indian Ocean where China has been increasing its military presence.
5) World’s longest 3D printed concrete bridge was recently opened in
• Shanghai opens world’s longest 3D-printed concrete bridge
• Shanghai is now home to the world’s longest 3D-printed concrete bridge, produced by a team from the Tsinghua University School of Architecture in Beijing.