News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 28 Jan 2019
- January 30, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) RDP INDIA 2019 app was recently launched by
a) NITI Aayog
b) Ministry of Home Affairs
d) Ministry of Defence
• As a new initiative in sync with the Digital India campaign of the Government, Ministry of Defence had launched a mobile app ‘RDP India 2019’ on the Republic Day, with the intent of making available the highlights of the Republic Day event, not only to the spectators at Rajpath, but also to the general public all over the world
2) Atal Setu, recently seen in news, was built over which of the following rivers?
• Union Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurated four-lane, 5.1-kilometer long “Atal Setu”, the third Cable bridge across river Mandovi in Panaji, Goa.
3) Sugarcane juice has recently been declared as the national drink of which of the following countries?
• The Pakistan government declared sugarcane juice as the “national drink” of the country. The announcement came after the government conducted a Twitter poll where people were asked to decide on the country’s national drink with two other options — orange and carrot — besides sugarcane.
4) Yuva Swabhiman Yojana, launched for employment of urban poor youth, is an initiative of which of the following state governments?
d) Madhya Pradesh
• Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kamal Nathlaunched ‘YuvaSwabhimanYojana’ for youths of the weak section in urban areas of Madhya Pradesh
5) Which of the following have been selected as the Oxford Dictionary’s Hindi Word of the Year 2018?
d) Nari Shakti
• The Hindi Word of the Year chosen every year, in many ways, reflects the conversation, ethos of a particular year. The word this year-Nari Shakti has been derived from Sanskrit and when broken down, the word ‘nari’ means women and ‘shakti’ means power.