News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 29 Jan 2019
- January 31, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) GST On Haj falls in which of the following tax slabs?
• Union Minister for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that GST on Haj has been reduced from 18 percent to 5 percent and this will significantly lower the airfare thus saving Haj pilgrims’ 113 crore rupees.
2) JibanSampark project, to generate awareness about welfare initiatives of among the Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups, is an initiative of
a) West Bengal
b) Arunachal Pradesh
• Odisha CM announced JibanSampark project in partnership with UNICEF India to generate awareness about the development and welfare initiatives of state govt among the Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups of the state
3) The second Tulip garden in India has recently been inaugurated in
a) Jammu and Kashmir
c) Himachal Pradesh
• Uttarakhand’s first tulip garden will come up over 50 hectares of forest land in Pithoragarh district at a cost of Rs. 50cr.
• To be developed by ONGC, under its CSR program in over 50 hectares of forest land near Chandak hill top, the proposed tulip garden will be the country’s second
4) Who among the following won the New South Wales men’s Amateur Golf Championship in Australia?
a) Kartik Sharma
b) Jyoti Randhawa
c) Chiragh Kumar
d) Himmat Rai
• India’s Kartik Sharma won the New South Wales men’s Amateur Golf Championship in Australia. Kartik notched up a magnificent win over Australia’s Nathan Barberie in the scheduled 36-hole final to emerge as champion.
5) Data Protection Day is celebrated annually on
a) January 28th
b) May 15th
c) October 20th
d) July 3rd
• Created by the Council of Europe in 2006, Data Protection Day is celebrated every year on 28 January, the date on which the Council of Europe’s Convention for the Protection of Individuals with regard to Automatic Processing of Personal Data was opened for signature.