News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 02 Feb 2019
- February 4, 2019
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Which of the following countries recently won Asian Cup Football, 2019?
• Qatar stunned Japan 3-1 to win their first Asian Cup sparked by a moment of magic from record-breaker Almoez Ali and after nail-biting late drama
2) Which of the following organisations has been named the highest ranked Indian think tank in the 2018 Global Go to Think Tank Index Report?
a) Observer Research Foundation
b) Centre for Asian Strategic Studies-India
c) Centre for Study of Science Technology and Policy
d) Dr. Ambedkar Foundation
• Observer Research Foundation (ORF) has been named the “highest ranked” Indian think tank in the “2018 Global Go to Think Tank Index Report”
3) World Wetlands Day is celebrated annually on
a) July 2nd
b) March 30th
c) February 2nd
d) December 1st
• Celebrated annually on 2 February, the day the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands was adopted in 1971, World Wetlands Day is a success story of the international community ensuring efficient conservation and legal protection of wetlands worldwide.
4) Who among the following recently became the first female cricketer to play 200 ODIs?
a) Ellyse Perry
b) Smriti Mandhana
c) Meg Lanning
d) Mithali Raj
• India captain Mithali Raj became the first woman cricketer to play 200 ODIs, adding another achievement to her illustrious career.
5) 2019 Kala Ghoda Arts Festival is being organised in
• An event like no other, Mumbai’s Kala Ghoda Arts Festival (KGAF) is all set to start for the year 2019. A momentous occasion, this much-celebrated festival will be running in its 20th edition this time.
• This annual festival is an amalgamation of art, culture, cinema, theatre, art, music and a lot more, and the venue as always is the Kala Ghoda arts district.